Scammers

By insurance lies - 08/07/2013 14:48 - United States

Today, I had to get an MRI. I double and triple checked to make sure there was no out-of-pocket cost. When I arrived at the testing center, I was expected to pay full price for the test. It costs $2,360. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 560
You deserved it 3 932

Same thing different taste

Top comments

graceinsheepwear 33

Never neglect the quadruple check.

TheDrifter 23

Ouch, did it at least come back clean? Good news makes the financial hit a little easier to take.

Comments

Just tell them to bill your insurance. The worst case scenario is that you still have to pay full price.

You forgot to check the out of ass cost... like they are going to charge you out the... you get it u-u

I did the same thing for mine and after paying my $100 copay, I got a bill in the mail for $2000 because my insurance rejected it. I appealed the decision and won. You should go through the appeals process.

I thought this site was supposed to be funny. What's up with all the lame FMLs?

The same thing happened to me when I went to the hospital. Before I let them take me past the lobby, I made them check my insurance and clear that it would be 100% covered, and they said it was. About a month later I get a delinquent bill in the mail saying I owe them $2500 and a 12% late fee. I let them turn it in to debt collectors. If they want the money so bad, then they better get ahold of my insurance company.

RedPillSucks 31

They're going to **** up your credit rating. I hope you already got that car/boat/house you were thinking about.

There wasn't another place you could have gone and gotten it for free or at lower cost?

RedPillSucks 31

India or Cuba. Though the air fare probably cost more than the procedure.

you have to pay for medical tests? that sucks.

Chellybelly92 14

Wow, that's kinda cheap. I have to pay around 6,000 for mine. Probably the main reason why I still haven't gotten mine.

Dang tht sucks buddy...u should have asked for written statement or something because test like MRI are expensive and would never be free