Sarcasm void

By Anonymous - 09/08/2014 17:32 - United States - Amherst

Today, my psychotic step-dad asked me if I'm doing drugs. I replied with a massive amount of sarcasm: "Yeah, all of 'em. Especially meth." He flipped out, searched my room top to bottom, then grounded me "for good" until I tell him where I hid the supposed drugs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 355
You deserved it 13 915

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hunthas 17

If ever there was a time to whip up some Breaking Bad blue meth this is it :D Best of luck... Bitch!

Wow I'm sorry OP. My step dad is the same way. What works for me is just explaining to my mom what happened. She usually shuts him up

Comments

KatyLarae 13

Does he not understand sarcasm? Sorry OP

You forgot to roll your eyes didn't you?

Maybe he wanted to drugs for himself? Ehh you never know what parents have done in the past.

Maybe he's on some himself? That's just going way too far. What kind of kid would straight up tell their parents they're doing drugs? He should know better.

I don't think he should have the right to ground you, he's only a step-parent. Although, if your actual dad isn't around much, then maybe he feels he's filling a void by punishing you, especially if he's been in your life since you were very small because he thinks you lack a male authority figure in your life. That's what I think? Talk to your mother about it if you feel suffocated by him. Hopefully she'll be more understanding than my mother was when she was with her last partner, who was a massive douche towards me.

acerredrum 23

Um, if I would never be allowed to discipline my s/o's children I would never marry them. Regardless of whether or not they are my biological children my husband and I would have to be a partner ship. Now they may get the final say in the matter but if I'm watching his child and they misbehave I need to be able to discipline them or it creates a "I don't have to listen to you." mentality. A step-parent is still a parent, period. This step-parent may suck but he certainly does not speak for them all.

A stepparent isn't a "parent" to their stepkids at all. They're the husband/wife of the child's parent and should NEVER replace the mother/father, their most important goal with their stepchild is to become friends with them. Unless the child actually says they count the stepparent as their actual mom/dad for whatever reason. I should know, I have a stepmother who I love, but I don't get on with all the time. I wasn't really a naughty child so she never really had to correct me, but if she did have an issue with me, she would have said it to me to watch my behaviour and she'd also tell my dad or mother and they could act accordingly themselves, like a teacher would with a parent, which I thought was fair and the right way to go. If she had corrected me like my mam or dad did when I was small, I would have told her to get stuffed...

acerredrum 23

Wait what? Who said anything about trying to replace anyone? I dated a man with two children for years. They accepted they had four parents, they had a Mommy, a Daddy, a Melissa, and a Morgan. I never tried to be 'mommy' but if I get down on their level, teach them, potty train them, comfort them when they are sick you bet your ass I am not going be demoted to teacher. I loved those girls very, very much. Still do. Teaching them, molding them, and being a part of their life was one of the most important things in the world to me. They were two and four when I moved in. Shortly after their father went to work I woke them up and made the breakfast. When they started trying to throw their food away and acting out, what was I suppose to do? Say, "Wait till your father gets home." Wait 12 hours for him to get off of work so he could punish them when they may not even remember what they did? No. And you know what would have happened if they had told me to stuff it? They would have been in even more trouble. Their mother respected and supported me and expected me to listen to me as well. If she had ever complained about my disciplining them then her and I would have gotten together and discussed it like adults. She never did though.

Not your fault that your step dad is retarded

my stepfather is the same way op so I feel for ya lol he always claims I'm on drugs and says he's going to randomly drug test me one day.

Quit being a smart ass! I agree your life sucks but you didn't have to say yes.

RedPillSucks 31

Sounds like he's looking for he stash. That's how I get my sons stash. Me: are you on drug!!!??? Where are you hiding it!!??? Him: ok man!! It's in my shoe.... Me: yeah.... The good stuff....