Return to sender

By regiftee - 25/03/2009 05:06 - United States

Today, my watch broke so I casually mentioned to my dad that I needed a new one. A little while later he hands me this really nice watch. He says, "Here, this one's been lying around for a while." It was the watch I gave him for Father's Day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 79 036
You deserved it 5 047

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aww, I can relate. I got my father a tie. About two months later, I saw the tie in the "Dirty Rags pile." He had been using it to wash the floor and didn't even remember it was the one I gave him for father's day.

Chaith 16

Don't feel too bad, of course it was a nice gift to you. You bought it. A lot of guys, me included are very picky with watch styles.

Comments

maybe saving it for a rainy day? I have many watches that I rotate, so some are laying around for a while. so you need a watch, here have one. some a more comfortable than others.

matwin_fml 0

GIVE HIM A NICER WATCH NEXT TIME?????????????????

matwin_fml 0

BUY HIM A NICER WATCH????????????????

oh get it over it you got a nice watch now

theoldGP 0

that's really not an FML.. jesus its a watch.

breaksprinter_ 0

Well, he probably was trying to keep it nice, you know, how parents do that when you actually give them something of value? He probably figured that he was never going to wear it because he'd be worrying about it all the time, and figured if you break it, at least it was broken by the person who paid for it. So quit whining.

So what? My dad has a lot of watches and I wear his, as he practically gives them to me. If it was a nice watch, then can you blame him for not wanting it to suffer wear-and-tear? One rarely wears their 'good' accessories, lest they break them. The fact that he didn't remember it is sad though.

doglover100 28

That sucks. Sad he couldn't remember it was the one you gave him.

Man... That sucks. Talk about an ungrateful father.

I am I the only one that read "my water broke"?