Return to sender

By regiftee - 25/03/2009 05:06 - United States

Today, my watch broke so I casually mentioned to my dad that I needed a new one. A little while later he hands me this really nice watch. He says, "Here, this one's been lying around for a while." It was the watch I gave him for Father's Day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 79 036
You deserved it 5 047

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aww, I can relate. I got my father a tie. About two months later, I saw the tie in the "Dirty Rags pile." He had been using it to wash the floor and didn't even remember it was the one I gave him for father's day.

Chaith 16

Don't feel too bad, of course it was a nice gift to you. You bought it. A lot of guys, me included are very picky with watch styles.

Comments

so I see conflicting views here you say its a "very nice" watch yet your dad gives it to you hmm...

#1 sweetie ydi for giving the most important man in your life a $12 present on Father's Day... especially a tie, that is sooooo ****** up, NO guy, not even one who LOVES TIES wants one for Fathers Day. can u @least TRY to be original?? This year, try just spending the day with him...(you're his little girl, it'll be plenty) maybe get some lunch. Still cheap and not a tie. OP, regifting sucks (UNLESS IT WAS A ******* TIE....) especially when you got it back yourself, and not just see it being regifted to someone else. Sorry bro, but hey, you should like it at least a little bit if you picked it out for your old man.

My mom, sister and I bought my dad an ipod nano for fathers day one year...it stayed in the box gathering dust for 3 years. Now he wants an ipod touch.

I have a watch, and even if someone bought me a Rolex I probably wouldn't switch. Sometimes you just get a watch you love and don't feel like changing just because someone gave you a new one. Sucks that he was so brusque about it though.

thats not an fml. your dads just a jerk.

My dad never uses the presents we give him for his birthday or Father's Day. We just re-wrap them and give them to him again the following year. It's a family joke. Personally, I have a lot of trouble remembering who got me what or where certain items came from, especially after a few months have passed. Maybe it's a guy thing.

Sakeyaki 0

Look on the bright side, at least you've got a watch now.

well in the long run, you bought yourself a nice watch, probably using someone else's money, i would call that a win. You apparently do not realize the wins in your life, so yes your life is ******, but not because of the watch.

afreen 0

hi dont worry my mother never ever uses my gifts which i buy her insted she always remembers my sisters gift an they always get her things that she doesnt need and thats after i always remind them of mums birthday an i always trou her birthday party an call every one around