Repetitive

By Anonymous - 27/07/2021 04:01

Today, my husband stormed out to the pub because he couldn’t stand listening to my mother droning on and on about the same stories she always tells and the programmes she watches everyday. He didn’t think of taking me with him, so I had to stay and listen to the boring old bat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 682
You deserved it 765

Same thing different taste

Top comments

umm OP if your mother is constantly telling the same stories it is a sign of dementia. get her to a neurologist.

Just tell her what you said here, she won't bug you anymore.

Comments

She did give you life, so you kind of owe her. You may want to tell her you plan to binge the shows and ask her not to spoil them.

OP owe her nothing, giving birth is chosen by the parent not the child

bobsanction 18

umm OP if your mother is constantly telling the same stories it is a sign of dementia. get her to a neurologist.

I have met countless people in my 36 years that do this. Unless you're suggesting they all have dimentia...

Just tell her what you said here, she won't bug you anymore.

Unless you are chained to the home or you have to take care of Mom or children, there is no reason you couldn’t have left too. I suggest putting on enough outside clothes each day that if you need to leave then you can.

I can't even fathom calling my mom an old bat.. I know not every mother is created equal but if she was good to you, I would rethink how you think of her. One that is a sign of dementia and if that's that case, you may find yourself regretting not wanting to be around her sooner than later. It's no joke and she will be dying while not knowing who you are anymore. And two, even if it isn't that, everyone has an expiration date... make sure you'll be okay once she meets her. Cherish people while they're still around.