Not OK

By Homeles - 16/06/2023 00:00 - United States - Fort Lauderdale

Today, I was sick and tired of my husband talking to his female friend from high school all the time. They reconnected after 7 years and have been talking non-stop day and night, to the point of neglecting the marriage. I told him it was either me or her. He took off his ring and kicked me out of our house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 149
You deserved it 320

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't make an ultimatum if you can't handle all of the outcomes.

what's with the saying she made the mistake? this sucks because he already had left her not because she finally stood up for herself 🙄

Comments

So how long has it been since they reconnected? Which part(s) of the marriage did he neglect? Did you try to talk to him about it? Unfortunately, there's not enough information to know who's in the right and/or wrong, unless one want to make a snap judgement. And making snap judgements is part of what's wrong with the world today.

Don't make an ultimatum if you can't handle all of the outcomes.

I had to explain that to my wife back in the day... don't issue an ultimatum unless you're happy with the the rejected ultimatum result.

Why is everyone interpreting this as "you couldn't handle the consequences of your ultimatum", instead of "dude is in love with his high school girlfriend and as the wife, that sucks"???

Relationships end and it's fine, often even good. Giving ultimatum is rarely ever fine.

what's with the saying she made the mistake? this sucks because he already had left her not because she finally stood up for herself 🙄

Sorry, but there is no kicking "me" out of "OUR" house...... WTF

You made your choice and he made his. I hope you have a friend you can crash with until you find a place to live and that you weren’t financially dependent on him.

Ouch, rolled a 1 on your persuasion check.

I'd like to see the success rate for people who give ultimatums. It's got to be single digits.

Nope, he can't do that. Have him charged with illegal eviction. When you're ready, start divorce proceedings, sue him for spousal abandonment, and get the house in your name exclusively. He wants to end it, he should leave.