Relatable

By experience_to_get_experience - 21/09/2015 19:09 - United Kingdom - Bicester

Today, I turned 25. I'm single, still living at home and doing an unpaid internship in an industry I have no interest in, because it was the only accepted application after 6 months of unemployment. The daily 45-minute drive means I'm losing money every week for being "employed" with a PhD. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 430
You deserved it 3 044

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks! You're 25 with a PhD that's impressive. I'm 25 and still trying to figure out how the toaster works.

I'm sorry things haven't been working out lately, OP. Hopefully you have support from family and friends, and who knows, maybe the connections you make in your internship will somehow help you in the future - even just as references. Best of luck to you!

Comments

Wow. Just went I thought my life suck. I'm so sorry OP.

Is your PhD in something useless like Art History?

Internships let you make connections it'll look good on your CV, so hang in there OP! One day it'll all be worth it :)

It's a federal crime to go through someone else's mail. That knowledge stopped my parents from doing the same whilst I lived at home. Time to drop some knowledge!

bleedingglitter 24

I have friends with bachelor degrees working at Pizza Hut. They said the economy is recovering and there are jobs but I'm still wiping butts in a nursing home like I was in high school freaking out about paying back student loans.

Dude!!!!!!! Seriously it's like looking into a mirror.... Same situation here with me Totally feel for ya bro... May you get what you deserve

Is there a bus system that runs nearby to your work?