Red flags all over the place

By DumpedHisAss - 14/10/2009 15:19 - United States

Today, I got a phone call from my boyfriend, who screamed at me for being a f-ing liar and never taking time for him. He'd called my work and knew I wasn't there as I said I'd be. He was right - I was lying. I'd been driving for the past 10 hours to his family's beach house to surprise him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 278
You deserved it 3 775

Same thing different taste

Top comments

People don't seem to understand that there's good lying and bad lying. Good lying is normally done so people can prepare surprises for others. Bad lying is things like covering up that they cheated on their lover with someone they met randomly.

Comments

Well, its not like he knew you were going to see him. Hence, the surprise. I'm sure you could,ve just told him you were on your way and he would have felt stupid.

You dumped his ass? Wow, you're a bitch. YDI, OP.

where in that fml did you see anything about her dumping him.... you gotta learn to read better

Not in the FML; below it. Her screename is "DumpedHisAss".

long distance relationshits are overrated relationshits are overrated, too

iSulyyRkewl 0

wow dude that really sucks.. buh its hilarious!

This is funny, you completely ignored calling him, lied and said you were working, and you didn't expect him to break up with you? YDI in so many ways.

She said she dumped him, not the other way around. Which makes it even worse.

Why would your boyfriend call at work to see if you're there or not? Especially if he's 10 hours away?

Well, you did lie to him. Don't you get pissed when people lie to you?

People don't seem to understand that there's good lying and bad lying. Good lying is normally done so people can prepare surprises for others. Bad lying is things like covering up that they cheated on their lover with someone they met randomly.

bexox 0

I agree with this. There is also the "white lie". I'd rather hear those than the truth sometimes. I'm trying to see it from the boyfriend's point of view. I guess if I were in a long-distance relationship, I'd be more paranoid of cheating, but I'd NEVER freak out until I heard why they weren't there. Plus, he called her at work to check up on her, which would annoy the hell out of me.

Yea I agree. I mean okay he called her work and she wasn't there...the first thing I'd assume is that maybe she wasn't feeling well or something. So I'd call and ask rather than start yelling right away. I'd have been super pissed. And it would annoy me too if my husband called me at work to check up on me all the time.

tifney737 0

turn back around and go home and dumb him via text... include the part where you were planning on surprising him