Out of place

By wowthanks - 11/01/2013 19:37 - United States - Baldwin Park

Today, I was asked out by a friend of mine. He's a doctor and works at a prestigious hospital, so thinking we would eat somewhere special, I got all dressed up. We ended up eating at his hospital's cafeteria, because he gets a small employee discount. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 896
You deserved it 7 989

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well you might think he would take you somewhere special, but just because he didn't doesn't make him a bad person. There won't be fancy dining and wining all the time. Is he a resident on a smaller salary or fully licensed already? Maybe the man had to be on call later so he couldn't put all the juice into it he wanted to. You never know.

I'm sure he has a shitload of medical school student loans to pay off.

Comments

He just wanted to show you off to all his co-workers.

Mynameislinh 24

Just because he's a doctor and works at a nice hospital, doesn't mean you should expect him to go all out on you.

suck it up princess, maybe go back to dating guys that peaked at high school.

If he doesn't say he is taking you somewhere fancy, you shouldn't expect it. He might have debt, or he might be trying to save up for something, or just not over-spend.

Seirye14 11

Hospital food isn't nearly as bad as everyone says it is. At least, not the stuff in the cafeteria.

He's eaither either really committed to work or really cheap. The first date is usually the dealmaker or breaker...

I've actually heard that doctors are pretty cheap lol.

WonkeyDonkey 10

Yeah ok he might have student loans to pay back, but he still sounds like a bit of a tightarse to me. The hospital cafeteria was bad enough, let alone him claiming his discount :)