Out of place

By wowthanks - 11/01/2013 19:37 - United States - Baldwin Park

Today, I was asked out by a friend of mine. He's a doctor and works at a prestigious hospital, so thinking we would eat somewhere special, I got all dressed up. We ended up eating at his hospital's cafeteria, because he gets a small employee discount. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 896
You deserved it 7 989

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well you might think he would take you somewhere special, but just because he didn't doesn't make him a bad person. There won't be fancy dining and wining all the time. Is he a resident on a smaller salary or fully licensed already? Maybe the man had to be on call later so he couldn't put all the juice into it he wanted to. You never know.

I'm sure he has a shitload of medical school student loans to pay off.

Comments

Psycho_Babydoll 26

Memorize, then use this phrase before each date. " How should I dress?" Feel free to modify the phrase to fit the situation and your cadence.

If he's an intern, he may not earn much yet. So he took you go the place he could afford. Don't be do judgmental. It's not what you're doing, it's who you're with.

cheap cheap cheap!. Is he by chance Asian?

So what you're saying is u went out with him for his money?

Sincerely, this is NOT an FML. My brother, a wealthy business owner, took his now wife to a very simple date night on their fist date. However, now, he gives her everything and more than she could ever want - except she's not that kind of girl. Why should a man give everything to a woman at first, just like that? Why isn't the same expected of a girl? He worked for what he has, not you. I understand... you need to invest in a relationship but I believe this needs to be coming from both ways...it doesn't necessarily mean giving a lot when you're just starting to date. And yes, I agree maybe the cafeteria wasn't the classiest move, but it doesn't mean he won't and can't give you something better. If you want to show him your idea of a date, OP, next time ask him out and take him to a fancy restaurant.

That's a bit ungrateful if you ask me!!! Who cares where you went?! At least he took you out!!!

A cheap doctor. The op and the doc Must be jewish

He's so not getting laid that night...cheap doc = small dicks

vvlovesu 9

You should of asked for details first