Night terrors

By Anonymous - 25/09/2015 20:14 - Germany

Today, I brutally stabbed a guy to death for smiling at me, then puked and fainted. Then I woke up in bed, panicking, sweating like a pig and crying because I thought my dream was real and I was going to go to prison. I'm never taking sleeping medication again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 560
You deserved it 2 510

Same thing different taste

Top comments

shiny_shipper 28

As I read the beginning I was thinking something had slipped past moderation...FYL

Hmm, maybe you did but just don't remember crawling back into bed after. Dun Dun Dun Duuuuuuun.

Comments

That first line threw me WAY off guard.

I have nightmares about serial killers a lot. :( When I try to attack somebody in my dreams my arms and legs move like mollasses and I can barely tap them.

The advert below this one for me said "Is it in you to be a prison officer?"

That 1st line had me going holy shit.. what?? sorry op that the sleep meds did that to you

Omg, I wouldn't be asking the Doc, for some stronger shit !!

This wording is well a bit deceiving...it's best not to self medicate but if it's always this bad cut back to a smaller dosege...

Why are you assuming he's self-medicating? A sleeping medication that would cause symptoms like that is more than likely an Rx that his doctor prescribed. It sounds like he was given a medication he had never been on before when he experienced this. A smaller dosage may or may not work depending on what drug it is. He should definitely be calling the prescribing doctor as soon as the office opens though to get it straightened out ASAP.

I am probably digging a larger grave here but here goes nothing... OP mentioned that he would stop taking the medication which by abruptly stopping doesn't follow the prescription which from there makes it self medicating...

MonstreBelle 28

Stopping a medication is not self-medicating. It only takes one dose for someone to have a poor reaction. You can't self-medicate with a medication you're not taking. Self-medicating refers to people who either take more medication than prescribed or take a medication that hasn't been prescribed to them. So say OP has a prescription for a sleep aid, such as Ambien, and his prescription says "1 tablet at bedtime". If he follows the directions on his prescription and only takes 1 tablet at bedtime, that isn't self-medicating. It only becomes self-medicating if he starts taking more than 1 tablet or taking it more often than just bedtime. Or if his doctor refused to give him a re-fill and he started buying it illegally.

I have dreams like that all the time (usually I'm being chased and killed, or I kill, or I savagely beat up someone) and I'm not even on medication. That means nothing, maybe you just need to unwind, to blow off steam :)