Nice try

By Anonymous - 05/10/2014 17:29 - United States - Kent

Today, this girl I've been talking to texted me, saying she was going to visit. Trying to be sweet, I bought her $50 worth of chocolate and a cute card. Turns out she meant to send that text to her ex. Seems like the only thing I'll get from this relationship is diabetes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 061
You deserved it 5 454

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you buy fifty dollars worth of chocolate.. That's so much chocolate.

Who needs a girlfriend, I've got chocolate...

Comments

sounds like ya jumped the gun a little op. bummer the text wasn't meant for you

Hey, at least you got to keep the chocolate all for yourself, and you have some comfort food, right? But don't worry OP you'll find somebody, just keep your head high!

Hey at least you got chocolates out of it

A bit overkill...but hey it's chocolate good for any occasion

either way, this relationship is going to bring diabetes to you or her

Eating all that chocolate one time will not lead to diabetes.

beaverteaser 16

I have diabetes, and eating all that chocolate will not give you that. eating that much chocolate every day for a couple of years maybe

I'm a type one diabetic, and I can tell you now that I didn't become diabetic from eating a bunch of chocolate. what your suggest is type two not type one. Its actually not as common to get diabetes from eating a lot of food rather than something like genes or growing older. its really not that funny, trying going through needles every of your life, always watching what you eat, and being tested all the time. Sorry for being a downer, just wish people would understand better. :/

Actually, you can't get type 2 from eating that much chocolate either. Well, unless it's an everyday kind of thing, but there are a lot of other factors that play into it. You can get type 2 from eating to much bread too. It's having a high carb, low fiber diet over a loooooooooong period of time. And doctors are finding that type 2 is also hereditary to some degree.

mimi809o 21

Chocolate is always the cure to a broken heart though! So there's that

That sucks she sent you that message and that you tried to do something sweet. It is offensive that you had to end your post with a comment about diabetics. Eating all that candy is NOT how you get diabetes. It doesn't help keep it away if you're always eating that much, but one time doesn't do that. But still I'm sorry to hear about the miscommunication.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

They were exaggerating... I highly doubt they actually think they'll get diabetes just from this. How is that offensive to you in the least?

Ductapefiend 3

As a type 1 diabetic, I find any comment phrased like that offensive. You have no idea the stupidity around diabetes. I was diagnosed at 13 months old, people still think I ate too much sugar... Uhh, no, I was on baby formula and mashed peas for the majority of that time. People really are that stupid.

JayVicious 20

if you find offense to that phrase then you deserve diabeetus

Hayllee 4

Oh, I'm sorry. Fellow T1 Diabetic, how dare we try to reduce stigma about our disease. We're ruining their fun, can't you see?

I don't think you can help a guy like this. He couldn't even exercise moderation buying chocolates and flowers. Let alone anticipate the emotional impact (ie: the wave of creepy) his unsolicited, over-the-top gift could have inflicted on this girl. Let alone respect people who struggle with stuff he's ignorant about. He's not going to get diabetes, but maybe he deserves anything he does get?

#56 I understand how you feel, though I wasn't that young, everyone thinks I ate too much sugar or really bad food until I explain what it really is. what sucks even more is not only I have diabetes in my family. my older sister is a diabetic as well oh and #62 your a dick

Because I am diabetic and I'm tired of people using it as a joke. Because the "joke" encourages Bad education about diabetes. Why is it funny to exaggerate about a disease someone has? Because of jokes like these people assume when I say I'm diabetic that I eat unhealthily. It's just not cool and it's a stereotype that is wrong.

I have type 2. My diagnosis is fairly new and for a long time I was VERY ashamed. I've always been told if you have type 1, it's hereditary so you couldn't do anything to not get it, but if you have type 2 it's all your fault. I'm not saying I am perfect in my lifestyle, but I try to eat well and exercise. It wasn't until I finally got educated that I learned diabetes is caused by multiple things. While I was eating healthy, I was getting too many carbs. My doctor also said that initial studies around type 2 might have been wrong- it may also be hereditary. Looking at my birth family and seeing that out of my 11 siblings I was one of the last ones to be diagnosed with it.

all it takes is a reply to that text to confirm her arrival...