Meddling

By monsterinlaw - 23/08/2011 14:51 - United States

Today, my obnoxious mother-in-law berated me in front of my husband's family for still working while pregnant. She says I'm harming the baby by not quitting. I'm only four months pregnant and I work as a nurse at a hospital. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 248
You deserved it 2 637

Same thing different taste

Top comments

JocelynKaulitz 28

Good luck when the baby is born

iAmScrubs 19

If you're working when you go into labour, it will be like nurse's inception.

Comments

MarineWifey88 3

My worked as a nurse in a nursing home right up until she went into labor and I turned out fine. Welcome to the "I hate my MIL" club.

ironik970 13

You should have said something like, "at least I don't have to stop drinking." People like that just deserve to be made fun of and teased for not minding their own business.

Number one, your husband needs to stand up for you and tell his loud mouth momma to shut the **** up. Number two your family needs to tell this nosey bitch to mind her own business and then to drive the point home, she needs a few back-hands across her fat mouth. Good luck when the baby is born, your mother-in-law is going to be in your house and in your face non-stop.

To 20: But some mothers (and some people in general have such a horrible character/bad social skills/not much empathy and are too subborn to actually listen to someone else his/her advise/complaints....that there is nothing to do about it. I mean, what if you're black, has a partner who absolutely loves you and a die-hard racistic mother-in-law? You can't blame your husband for her stupidity, can you? My point is, we don't know the situation. Maybe OP's husband does stand up for OP every time (which will lead to a biiiiiig figth I suppose), but his mom just doesn't listen. If he doesn't stand up for OP because he doesn't dare then, Houston, we have a problem.

Texasgirl192238 0

HA i guess no one can post their opinion on FML without -Djeepee- having to add hers. :P

manda_rawrz 4

5months later - baby born. mom-in-law : you should've quit your damn job like i told you to. husband : *stands there in silence* cut the bitch and she needs some kind of chill pill. wonder what else has been said about you to the family? hm... o.o

rttr 18

WTF is this comment? This makes NO sense what so ever.

Hospitals- Now apparently unsafe for unborn children.

leadman1989 15

Hospitals are NOTORIOUS for spreading infections, it's where all the sick people go. Don't take my word for it or thumb me down because you don't like what I'm saying look it up.

twisted54 1

I thumbed you down not for your opinion, but strictly because you told me not to. I'm kind of a rebel like that...:)

sunlovinmama 1

46- nurses in hospitals know what can and cannot affect their unborn child and they take assignments to patients based on that. It's common practice that if Joe Blow, the patient in room 304 has the flu then nurse prego will not be assigned to him and never enter his room. Plus he will already be in isolation precautions and all staff entering his room will wear protective gear... Hence she would be highly unlikely to contract the flu even if she did work that room. "look it up"

HungerGames95 13

when u said "don't thumb me down" I decided to do that.... wonder if that's why you have like 10 thumbs down.

You have to take all kinds of vaccines before being able to work in a hospital. She should be fine. Although hopefully OP, you've stopped doing heavy lifting. I've heard nursing is incredibly stressful on one's back.

Boredumm 6

Well you can start off by first telling your mother in law, that its your baby and you will do what is the best for the baby and for yourself, and if she still bitches more tell her if she thinks she knows whats best for the child and ect. Maybe she should marry your husband and carry his baby.

**** her, she sounds like a bitch. And congrats on the baby!

I'm hoping you tore that bitch a new one at some point, but I won't hold my breath.