Let down

By Anonymous - 14/05/2014 15:54 - Canada - Sherwood Park

Spicy
Today, my boyfriend saw my boobs for the first time. His reaction was, "Well that's... disappointing". FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 565
You deserved it 7 379

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How could boobies possibly be disappointing?

fishstick557 14

A real boyfriend would care for who you are and not your body ultimately it's up to you to decide whether to keep him or move on

Comments

fishstick557 14

A real boyfriend would care for who you are and not your body ultimately it's up to you to decide whether to keep him or move on

I'd say move on and try to erase that horrible mammary..

#29.. That was one of your breast puns!

#1 well obviously he doesn't care too much for her body

Yeah OP your breasts don't define who you are. Don't let him give you an iden-titty crisis.

This is getting out of hand; we should nipple this thread in the bud before we go bust.

Just find someone that is nicer. Someone you get along with that can not only be a lover but a breast friend too.

cryssycakesx3 22

just because he was disappointed doesn't mean he doesn't care about her or doesn't love her. my boyfriend is too skinny. it disappoints me, but he's still really sexy and I certainly do not love him any less.

#54; He shouldn't make her feel bad about it. Since he did, he obviously doesn't care about her.

jazzy_123 20

54, that doesn't justify it. Your bf might not feel bad about you calling him skinny the same way my bf doesn't feel bad when I call him fat. I'm sure if your bf told you something about your body being weird or disproportionate you'd feel bad.

He obviously doesn't only care about OPs ****. Was saying that he was disappointed the nicest thing to say? No. He love OP for who she is not her body that's why he's still with her

Well said #64. He should have more respect for her feelings than that.

100% agree with #1 if I was dating a girl I liked, is love her body regardless. He's clearly been watching Far to much ****

where does #59 get that the bf meant to be hurtful at least he was honest and said was he was thinking. better than being a liar.

jazzy_123 20

130, you don't have to lie to spare someone's feelings. He could have simply not said anything and it likely wouldn't have caused any problems.

You guys are milking these breast jokes for everything they've got.

incoherentrmblr 21

Well, that deescalated quickly...

Yeah enough of all this... let's just get back to the booby jokes like adults.

Absolutely right he shouldn't be like that. I sure woukdnt

#54 I don't see why you get all the downsvotes. Some things might disappoint. But the thing is, do you TELL your boyfriend? Maybe you just keep it to yourself? Or maybe he just doesn't mind. Maybe OP is very self-conscious about her chest. If that's the case, then that was a real dick move from her boyfriend.

He didn't say anything about losing interest in her because of her boobs.. he just said that her boobs were smaller than he expected. that doesn't mean that he only wants her for her body.

she might not want someone who makes her feel self-conscious/ ashamed of her own body. If he really did care about her, he would care about we feelings, which his comment suggests otherwise. Just cause he "still has interest" in her doesn't mean he deserves her company after a remark like that

How could boobies possibly be disappointing?

The_Big_Boss 20

My first thought too. My favorite breasts are the ones I'm allowed to touch

Ha, I'll probably get flak for this, but: not everything is aesthetically pleasing to everyone. Never found something you found less appealing to the eye? Nothing visual is exempt from disappointment in that same way. A certain person will not find everything beautiful, and it's all just up to taste. Before anyone jumps in, I'm not justifying OP's boyfriend, nor am I making a judgment on her boobs. You asked a question pertaining to taste, and I tried to respond.

#2 simple, you don't care for boobs as much as pleasing your girlfriend.

He's just mimicking her reaction from when she saw his boobies.

The only thing I can think of I'd maybe OP wore push up bras too much and deceived her bf? Who knows.

push up bras aren't deceiving. Maybe if they're from Victoria's Secret (because let's face it. They're like 90% padding.) but push up bras are only boosting what you already have. You don't understand bras, I guess.

When you have to wear a bra....big boobs=a more irritable woman in the summer

#104 "Boosting" is still deceiving. Making them look better than they actually are is clearly deceiving, whether you like it or not. Sorry to break it to you. That's how guys see it.

I agree, I have NEVER seen a pair of boobs and said they were disappointing EVER~ all of 'em are awesome!

I can't take you seriously with that profile pic. xD

#19: Having aesthetic preferences is one thing, speaking them out loud in a way that hurts another person is another :)

#104 No we don't. Speak for yourself, don't generalize. :)

#2 & #13 really?? guys you know that there are shapes that looks really weird, right? like pectus carinatum or snoopy breasts. The guy didn't say anything that could have insulted her: he was just dissapointed. It's not like he will broke up because of it p.s. still 70-90% push-up bras are dissapointing

purbur 9

Push up bras just push up what you have- like the name suggests. There has to be something to push up in the first place. Padded bras are the deceiving ones because it's adding to the cup so the bra itself would feel thicker. Personally, I think that push-up bras are just advertising what you already have while padded bras would be considered false advertisement.

166 - it depends.. Maybe he was disappointed by their droopyness, not their size. In which case the push up is the deception. Sorry! Personally as long as they're reasonably pert I like any size...

#123 - So where do you draw the line, then? Everyone does something to enhance themselves. How is a push-up bra any worse than make-up, or even wearing deodorant?

squideth 18

I don't understand why any of you think it's any of your business what bra a person chooses to where. It is something they chose for themselves and why anyone calls it "false advertising durr" is unbelievable.

hoppyhoppy 3

They were probably really flat and saggy, or she wears push ups/padded bras a lot.

tayymeds 23

Maybe he's being a dick for the lack of him not having one?

This is the only place on the internet that say that guys with preferences are assholes

#11: "For the lack of him not having one".. So he does have one because he's lacking the absence of one? Not to be a grammar nazi but your double negative is confusing me.

Only if they make rude comments based on said preferences.

Axel5238 29

Preference is one thing being a dick about it is something else. The fact he was a dick about it is what people are taking issue with. Not sure how people confuse the two things.

It's fine to have "preferences." But to put your girlfriend down just because she doesn't live up to those "preferences" is a whole different story.

#16 - Having preferences doesn't make you an asshole. Telling your girlfriend that some part of her body is disappointing does.

Tell him the same thing when you see his dick :)

Well, I hope she never sees his dick and breaks up with the ass that would make her self conscience about her body.

I feel like he hyped himself up for them and they weren't as cool as he thought, I'm attracted to them bit I know people who see nothing sexual or attractive about them.

"Someone"? At least twenty people, you mean. Yes we get it, you guys want OP to make fun of his dick too.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Not if you're only doing it to please a guy.

kewpiesuicide 29

It is if she wants it. It's her body.

#21 Sure it is, but think about the later life! Immideate pleasures and gratifications do not come before long term consequences.

cryssycakesx3 22

isn't plastic surgery to be more attractive... for a guy? inb4 someone says it's to feel better about yourself -- it is, because you're more attractive... for a guy.

kingdomgirl94 29

OR you feel more confident because you feel like you fill out clothes better or you no longer feel like people laugh at you when you wear a bathing suit. People don't just look good to attract people. Also: this is super heteronormative. Some women want to look good for other women ;)

55 have you had kids? Some women have said theirs are deflated like balloons after having them. Some women are born like that. Some women don't have the perfect pair of breasts and avoid mirrors, or even looking down, when they have no bra on. It makes sense to get surgery FOR YOURSELF in those cases, because it's an option for a body part that you can't change through diet or exercise. I know I've been in those situations through medications for other parts of me, and it's a horrible feeling. So don't assume all women do it for a guy. And hope yours never deflate so you don't have to feel that feeling.

jagneaux 14

That's like saying a transgender changes their gender to be attractive.

tayymeds 23

I'm sure you could say the same thing back to him OP.

What was he expecting, watermelons with fireworks shooting out?

cryssycakesx3 22

heck, he's not dating Katy Perry..

or maybe he was expecting a Katy Perry moment?

Well you know what to say when you see his penis then.

Ouch - that's pretty douchey and shallow of him. Sorry, OP. :/