Just… why?

By Ob3nie - 14/07/2014 17:45 - United States - San Francisco

Spicy
Today, me and my boyfriend decided to have some fun in my room before my parents got home. My phone started vibrating half-way through, and when I saw my mom's picture, I reflexively answered. It wasn't a phone call. It was a FaceTime. Busted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 656
You deserved it 54 125

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Couldn't you have ignored it completely?

Ydi for actually picking up the phone while getting it on

Comments

superdom 12

Thats pretty selfish of your parents my phones always off during sex I respect my sexual experiences with my partner

Respect101 17

I don't think you understand what's going on here. The Mom didn't know anything was going on she just needed to call her daughter. Not the moms fault and her mom is in no way shape or form being disrespectful for calling her daughter.

Where the hell was the phone, that you would notice it vibrating during sex?

Is your sex life so boring that you instantly check and answer your phone? on VIBRATE nonetheless?

YDI for not knowing it was a FaceTime... Do you never use your phone?

I think this falls both ways, FYL for your parents calling you during that time and it being face time, but YDI for not realising it was face time. Sneaky move on the parent's behalf though.

No, YDI for even looking at the phone, let alone answering.

leeloo900 9

If you're young enough to get "busted" by your parents, then you shouldn't be having sex. Js

Axel5238 29

Agreed and even if OP is of age doesn't mean they'd be ok with it in their house. Your parents house has rules and if you are living under their roof you gotta respect those rules.

As someone in a long term relationship but where both parties are adults still living at home...I get and like the idea, but no, sometimes you just gotta be sneaky and what they don't know won't hurt them. Unless we go and book a local hotel whenever we want some? But that'd be weird, costly and inconvenient. And abstaining completely wouldn't be brilliant for the relationship especially as it looks like it'll be this way for at least another year.

leeloo900 9

I'd rather be comfortable and rent a hotel/motel than do it at my parent's house constantly worrying about getting caught. If you still live with parents, you need to obey their rules. If they don't approve of sex, then you shouldn't be doing it at their house. If you wanna act all grown and shit, might as well move out and get your own place. Lol

Well I wouldn't do it if I thought they were gonna be back any minute...there isn't usually much of a risk factor. And tell that to London house prices. People here are living with parents in their late 20s/early 30s. My boyfriend is 25 and he and all his friends live with their parents. It would be lovely to move out but it wouldn't be grown up, just financially irresponsible.

leeloo900 9

What if god forbid you end up pregnant? If you arent financially stable, you shouldnt be having sex. Anything could happen. Condoms break birth control fails at times. 100% effective birth control is abstinence. I cant afford a baby so Im abstaining. I just like to play it safe.

Well you could say that to a lot of people, pretty much anyone who isn't married and already planning on kids...what about those that are financially capable but don't want a kid? Or those that just want one night stands? Surely that's worse, in this instance anyway. I really don't think there are many people nowadays who are going to abstain until they're genuinely ready to have a child...hell, most people don't know if they ever want to have a kid with someone until they've been in a relationship for quite some time, by which point they're probably already doing it. In any case, I didn't say we don't have ANY money. We'd just rather save while possible than waste it on rent. If we got pregnant (not impossible but highly unlikely on the pill as I haven't had a period in over a year) we'd just have to make it work. Also, it's not really my thing but remember that there are people who wouldn't think twice about having an abortion..

leeloo900 9

The point is if youre not financially stable enough to live on your own and neither is your partner you guys shouldnt be doing it especially if you gotta sneak around parents.

Did you even read my comment? We DO have money. We could rent a house and look after a baby if we needed to. But whilst we don't have a baby, we would like to save our money instead. Also, although it makes me uncomfortable, I wouldn't completely rule out an abortion which would mean we wouldn't need to pay for a baby anyway. I like things to be black and white too but this is kind of a grey area. It's a serious but small risk...think about it, it's POSSIBLE you could die in a plane or car crash but do people just never use planes or cars unless they're prepared to die? Of course not. You accept that it technically could happen but you take the risk anyway because it's just not worth it not to. Also as a side note - I think a person who is initially struggling a bit with money but would cherish a child would make a much better parent than a millionaire who is completely uninterested in children. Money is important but it's not everything.

Who answers their phone during sexy time?? Much less when a parent calls

likice93 7

Well depending on how old you are you shouldn't be having "fun" at all and since you weren't smart enough to know better then to answer it durning then you aren't old enough