Just go

By MitchFail - 23/07/2009 06:42 - United States

Today, in the midst of foreplay, this girl tells me I'm "so hot". I respond "Ditto." She heatedly responds, "I love ditto," to which I suavely reply, "I didn't know you were into Pokémon. That may make you even sexier." She knows nothing about Pokémon, but I sure know how to kill the mood. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 736
You deserved it 74 117

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Carlyyy 0

What did she mean then, "I love ditto." ...

I would've thought the exact same thing. Pokemon ftw.

Comments

Supasploo29 0

You're a tool for using the word tool, and thinking it makes you cool.

eevea_fml 0

she loves the word "ditto", you guys!

1. "I love ditto" means she loves that you think the same thing about her. 2. If you had bothered to think before speaking you would have probably realized she wasn't talking about Pokemon. 3. So I herd you leik mudkips...

Tiffany_xx 0

Well that made me laugh But I think u must have a really stupid girlfriend for her to say 'I love ditto' Like wtf?

brilliantbarbie 0

Just for the record... "Ditto" is ORIGINALLY from the Movie GHOST with Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore...In the movie, every time Demi Moore said "I love you" patrick Swayze responded "Ditto" that is where the word originated from, not freakin Pokemon... so she was thinking LEGITIMATELY about the Movie Ghost, a love story, while getting in the mood, and you like an idiot bring up Pokemon?? I bet it killed the mood, and YDI for not even knowing where you got the word from in the first place!!!

Originally from ghost?!? Are you high? ITS A WORD! what did you think it was a Pet Name swayze had for her? everyone knows what Ditto means besides pokemon, saying I love ditto is completely retarded. The dictionary definition "a thing mentioned previously or above —used to avoid repeating a word" Saying I love ditto in this context is completely stupid, as is using it in the context of referring to a movie. This is definately a FML, for someone to say I Love Ditto after that exchange, having Ditto refer to a thing its the only thing that even remotely makes sense.

Actually, the use of the word "ditto" to reference something previously said started in the 17th century. It's been around quite a bit longer than the movie Ghost, so to assume that she was thinking of that movie is a little ridiculous.

Don't bring people that like to get high down to this idiot's level.

brilliantbarbie 0

"Ditto" from the Movie Ghost... When someone says "I love you" and you say "ditto" that means "I love you too" she thought he was trying to be romantic, and he blew it with a Pokemon comment... THATS an epic fail!! Shes not the one that deserves a WTF, it makes perfect sense if you know anything about the word to begin with. Im soooo sad that "Ditto" is associated with a pokemon...Im only 23, Im not that old, Im surprised at how many people never saw Ghost!!!

Double post fail. Knowledge of word origin fail. Choosing a username fail.

shadowshadow_fml 0

You are so hackin stupid! 2nd graders don't play Pokemon anymore and then here is this guy trying to get lucky on his girlfriend talking about it.... Screwed!

wtf are you talking about? i have a sibling in the second grade and pokemon is somehow equally as popular as it's always been.

nikki1001 0

lol @ #72: the word "ditto" did not ORIGINATE from Ghost. The writers of the movie didn't create the word. However, that was my first thought, too--she might have been thinking of the movie when she said that. And wow @ the OP. Just wow.