By calidumbass - 14/01/2011 19:43 - United States

Today, I had a rude awakening after a traffic accident the day before. I'd fled the scene to avoid having to pay hefty damage fines. I would have gotten away with it too, if my license plate hadn't fallen off and incriminated me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 656
You deserved it 121 611

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI 100 times over OP, never hit and run. man up and own up to your mistakes or stay off the roads.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

No, it happens to people who break the law. Fleeing the scene is a crime.

No, it doesn't happen to people who don't flee the scene of a crime like a little pussy.

Yeah sure, that happens to everyone. Also, just to maintain that high standard of driving, you should understand that after sunset, speed limits don't apply, and that you can legally drive on each side of the road.

Did the op purposely make a scooby doo reference?

Doc, don't generalize ******* like that! My cat would've stuck around.

Acousticpixie14 6

No that does not happen to everyone. It happens to assholes. OP, I wish I could smack you.

bebz_fml 0

116 that was the worst joke I've ever heard

christinamarie17 29

#84 no OP did not purposefully make a scooby doo reference. OP is neither cool enough nor suave enough for that.

YDI 100 times over OP, never hit and run. man up and own up to your mistakes or stay off the roads.

XxKyttixX 0

couldn't of said it better myself.

I hope fleeing the scene is a felony. Go to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

even if your license plate was nowhere to be found. they could still find the owner with the VIN

wait was op expecting some sympathy by posting this?!

geekemo92 0

Sounds like he was expecting sympathy.

You deserved it. I hope you get in more trouble for fleeing.

Hit & Run is just a Misdemeanour, I would think it's the same in Cali but who knows. Unless he was drunk & it was a 3rd DUI offence, then it's a felony!

MLGMikeyT 0

"Yeah, I woulda gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you kids and your stupid dog!" No sir, YOU are the stupid one.

Octwo 16

Its pretty funny how moronic cowards always try to draw sympathy for their stupidity

Congatulaions. You've just plead guilty to a crime. Hope the cops don't use FML.

Actually, "pleaded" is the correct word for legal jardon in Black's Law Dictionary. So you're both wrong. LOL

iCreate 10

You can't escape the consequences of your actions, totally deserved...

Garytt 0

I always get away with everything so HA :D

I hope karma didn't hear you say that 157

I thought you were going to say " and i would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids!"

I did not think of Scoobie doo, I thought of a number between 1 and 10...