It's true, though

By Anonymous - 18/07/2014 23:06 - United States - Horseheads

Today, my mom told me my relationship is a joke, because teenagers don't understand the meaning of relationships and commitment. I couldn't help but remind her how she's divorced three separate men to date. She hit me over the head so hard that snot flew out of my nose. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 896
You deserved it 11 259

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't worry about her. She doesn't know anything about your relationship

Comments

CallMeWindSock 24

All that just proves you're right

The truth hurts, but it should have hurt her, not you.

your fml was sad until snot flew out, then it was funny.

Oh yeah definitely and I was trying keep that laugh in that your trying so hard not to do thinking how hard that slap must of been.

Older doesn't necessarily mean wiser, so do not allow your mom to get you down. Let your head lead and your heart follow. Do this, and you should find a happy, healthy, and thoroughly rewarding relationship. That is, if you haven't already.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

#17: Tell that the parent who was never there for me. I don't have to respect him just because he donated half of his genes. What about abusive parents? I'm fairly certain they aren't demonstrating a loving relationship with their children. Respect and love should be earned; never expected.

#17- Is that a joke? Giving birth is not an automatic entitlement to respect. If you're going to preach unwelcome hypocritical bullshit then you damn well better expect to be called on it. Respect is a two way street, where was the respect for her daughters' relationship? Where was the respect when she smacked the snot out of her daughter for defending herself? Sure, that just screams 'unconditional love'. Do you seriously think that's an acceptable response to anything? If so then you need a serious reality check sweetheart.

I also don't like that OP's mom hit her. It doesnt matter what she said, one should never hit their kid just 'cause they don't like the truth.

RedPillSucks 31

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
QueenofWheels 13

One it's not disrespect to tell her the truth. Two you sound like my dad with that you have to respect a parent f that. You have to give respect to get respect.

If my parent hit me over the head like that they would have the same coming

30, who ever said that OP told her the truth in a disrespectful way? The fact that you're assuming that was the case is a part of the problem here. Parents are wrong sometimes. It's not always the children's faults.

XCoraline_CrossX 17

#17 I'd think you were my mother that typed that but I know differently because my mom is afraid of technology. Biology means nothing. My mom came at me with a knife, strangled me with a towel, and on numerous occasions told me she wish she had aborted me. I have compassion for her today because she is a sick person.

17, I know everyone else has extensively explained to you how wrong that is but I just want to reiterate. What the actual **** is wrong with you? A parent should never strike their child, just because someone is in a supposed position of authority does not give them free reign to do as they please. Believe me, being struck by a parent is an awful experience. It shows that one side of the relationship does not respect the other, and in a healthy relationship respect goes both ways. My father used to be find of hitting me (specifically in the back of the head, directly at the base of my skull), as some disturbed method of discipline, and also just for the **** of it. It started out of nowhere and went on for a while until I put my foot down. Unfortunately, the way I stopped it was the only way I knew how, I got it a fist fight with my dad. You'd think that unpleasant right? Think again, it was ******* horrendous, the man used to teach judo. Ever since then we've been very distant, and he's never once struck me again. We occasionally are stuck to have idle conversation, and it's often about fighting, who would win(once or twice it was in consideration of a fight to the death), how tough or strong one of is. I hate talking to him, it's all that he talks about, and naturally, the same skills run in the family. I'm an adept fighter, I grew up getting in fights, but the thing is that I hate violence. I'm not proud of the way I handled it, but violence is how he thinks so it was the only way I could think of making him stop before he got too comfortable doing it to me and might've begun striking my sister or mom. So overly personal story aside. Violence against a child is wrong, and just because someone has authority over another person doesn't give them the right to mistreat, or even downright abuse someone. Violence is ****** up, and so is your opinion(and you're entitle to your opinion, even if it's wrong)

just because someone had a child doesn't mean they are a good person or can do no wrong. respect is earned, nobody is entitled to it just for being a parent.

Being a parent DOES make you deserve respect. That being said, being abusive and neglecting your child and other horrific things automatically void out the term parent. A parent is more than somebody who gave birth to you or donated sperm - a parent is a person who loves you unconditionally and takes care of you and therefore deserves respect.

She sounds as if she never left the teenage years.

Reacts with violence? Could be why she has been through 3 divorces.

olpally 32

I think we know why she's divorced, can't ever be told she's wrong without acting like a child. Your mom is an idiot.

Great example of parents logic: "Do as I say, not as I do".