It's true, though

By Anonymous - 18/07/2014 23:06 - United States - Horseheads

Today, my mom told me my relationship is a joke, because teenagers don't understand the meaning of relationships and commitment. I couldn't help but remind her how she's divorced three separate men to date. She hit me over the head so hard that snot flew out of my nose. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 898
You deserved it 11 260

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't worry about her. She doesn't know anything about your relationship

Comments

She keeps marrying the person who does not make her happy Learn from her mistakes

OP should show a bit more repect to her mom. She may not be perfect but children and teenagers cannot understand the sacrifices that we have to make on a daily basis for our kids. The fact is that in the grand scheme of things teen age relationships are meaningless.

Why in the world should the OP respect a person who automatically assumes things about her and degrades her because she was born at a certain time? Mother or not,she shouldn't expect respect if she's not willing to respect her daughter,especially not because of such a dumb reason such as her age. How is that a fact? Do you know about every teenage relationship to say that all of them are meaningless? Or is my love somehow not existent because I came out of a ****** after someone else did?

My Aunt and Uncle just celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary. They have been together since my aunt was 14. I would LOVE to hear you tell them that teenage relationships are meaningless, you overgeneralising idiot.

Axel5238 29

I have to agree we don't know the circumstances of of the divorce and of course the mom is going to get mad. To throw it in the mom's face is disrespectful. Most teenage relationships don't last that's why adults don't take teen relationships seriously. Meeting someone in HS and staying together through college & getting married is rare. Most teens don't really understand relationships/commitment look at half the stuff on here. You date and you learn that's part of it finding out what you want and how to work out problems in the relationship.

OP's mom sounds like she might not have hit adulthood mentally speaking. I'm all about respecting your elders. But first, she deameaned OP purely based on age, and then resorted to what sounds like pretty harsh violence when the irony of the comment was pointed out to her. Who's the adult in that relationship? Certainly not OP's mom right then

Axel5238 29

Age has a lot to do with it. Most people at a young age aren't ready for serious relationships or aren't aware of consequences. Commenting on the mom's divorces was her snapping back and was wrong. Just because she had been divorced several times doesn't mean the OP knows or understands what the circumstances were. OP YDI

#129: Considering that OP's mother has divorced three times, it's quite probable that OP's mother is the common denominator.

Wrong, #90. About everything. What annoys me most about your post is your assumption that all teen relationships are meaningless. My parents met when they were 15 and are still happily married and are celebrating their 35th anniversary this year. Just because you couldn't keep a partner, doesn't mean that no one can. Amer vieille femme.

christina3466 17

Make her some koolaid with toilet water.

Don't you hate it when people treat you shitty but the second you do the same back to them they flip the **** out?

Well your mom sounds nice. Nice to get half a country away from.

_spacekid 11

Way to be a hypocrite .. I don't get why she would hit you, it's not like you were being smart with her, you were just explaining that as an example. Sorry for you OP.

She shouldn't have hit you that's child cruelty!

if you're under 17 I must say your mom is in her right.