Irony failure

By alcoholic - 31/10/2009 14:30 - Estonia

Today, I was telling my teenage daughter about the effects from alcohol, and how she should not give in to peer pressure. While talking, I noticed that she was looking at me funny. There was a wine glass in my hand. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 822
You deserved it 51 682

Same thing different taste

Top comments

**** everyone who's insulting the OP's parenting. Unless the OP abuses alcohol (there is no solid indication she does), there's nothing wrong with her parenting. The daughter is underage, the OP is not.

greenltrn2003 0

Comments

HAHAHAHAHA that's how all Australian lectures on drinking are done. Or all lectures. Or just anything. :)

lmaoatyourlife 0

Exactly. Do you drink that much that you don't even realise when you are drinking anymore?!

First off, you are awesome if you carried through the argument. second, explain the legality, or use the wine glass as an example. but the guy above me really captured the essence of what i was trying to say.

Parenting in a nutshell: Do as I say, not as I do.

paperisuseful 0

That's precisely why you're telling her what you are. If she can't understand the concept of "drinking responsibly," then of course she's gonna think that you're a hypocrite. She's trying to make a correlation based on a stupid assumption. You did the right thing. There's no reason that you should have to give up alcohol unless you're an alcoholic or your daughter is pilfering it. Of course, tact would've helped since your daughter's obviously a boob, so YDI.

cryssycakesx3 22

why is her daughter"obviously" a boob?

K, I don't see why this is such a big deal, it's not like you were chugging a two-sixer whole talking o her, you were just enjoying a glass of wine. You and your daughter should just get over it, and if she can't, she probs won't be much use to society anyways, so she might as well have fun and drink all she wants.

Prawn_fml 2

Well, this all depends really. What was the mother trying to teach her kid, here? Responsible drinking, or abstainal? If it is the former, well, perhaps she should offer her kid a taste of her wine? Not to get her drunk, just so she can try the taste in a controlled environment, and making it less of a forbidden fruit. Parents binge drinking is not good for the kids, obviously, but if they can see their parents using alcohol responsibly, taking a single glass to dinner, for instance, then that could teach them it's just another drink.