Irony failure

By alcoholic - 31/10/2009 14:30 - Estonia

Today, I was telling my teenage daughter about the effects from alcohol, and how she should not give in to peer pressure. While talking, I noticed that she was looking at me funny. There was a wine glass in my hand. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 822
You deserved it 51 682

Same thing different taste

Top comments

**** everyone who's insulting the OP's parenting. Unless the OP abuses alcohol (there is no solid indication she does), there's nothing wrong with her parenting. The daughter is underage, the OP is not.

greenltrn2003 0

Comments

How is this bad? An adult enjoying a glass of wine is much different than a minor drinking illegally. It's not like the OP was drunk when she was lecturing.

perdix 29

I wish I were a fly on the wall when you have the sex talk.

This is what that alcohol talk really is about: . Mom: "Don't drink alcohol because it'll make you want to have sex with boys." . Daughter: "I already want to have sex with boys." . Mom: "Oh... well, just don't drink alcohol. At least you'll be sober when you have sex and you won't puke."

cryssycakesx3 22

Well I'm assuming you werent blind drunk when you were lecturing your daughter, so I think you'll be alright. Just remind her that shes underage, and youre not.

jw90 18

what u should do is go out and get her really plastered then leave her to walk home. she if she wants to do it then..nah I'm jk lol I wouldn't want her to get raped. just keep doing what ur doing and don't mind drinking while talking to her. you're the parent rite.

I'm sorry, OP, but I got very similar lectures from my parents when I was a teenager, and they pissed me off. My dad would be sitting on the porch, cigarette in mouth, beer in hand, and look at me, saying, "If I ever catch you smoking or drinking, I'll kill you." The hypocrisy of it all was ridiculous. And it didn't stop me from doing it. I've been drinking since I was 15 and started smoking when I was 19. So, I recommend that you not waste your breath telling not to drink alcohol, but tell her that if she does, then you're going to be very disappointed in her. Even pigheaded teenagers don't like to disappoint their parents. However, I'm gonna have to call this a YDI.

cryssycakesx3 22

they're adults, they're allowed. you were not.

How is this an FML? You were telling her not to drink. You are an adult, you are ALLOWED to drink. Not an FML. Not even a problem

V_GEHTS 0
usernamejoe 0

http://listenpleasechildplease.blogspot.com/ Chad OchoCinco

invisiblerabbit 0

get off fml you stupid bitch and pay attention to your daughter!