Independance day

By Anonymous - 19/09/2010 04:27 - Canada

Today, a crying kid was brought to my attention by a customer. He was so upset from losing his mom that he couldn't say his or his mom's name. I took him around the store asking him to point out his mom. Once we'd found her she told me, "I was hiding from my kid to test his independence." FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 828
You deserved it 2 809

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Now that's a good mom! *Obvious sarcasm* But seriously, poor kid! :[

I hope you told her what a shit parent she is

Comments

Hmmm... I think I would have said: "That's Childus Abandonus that you just committed. Do you know what the penalty for that is? Death!"

colorguardgeek 8
perdix 29

The results of the "test" is that she is going to be stuck with a Grade-A, namby-pamby Momma's Boy for a long, long time. That could be a pass or a fail depending upon the mom's worldview.

There's never any kind of excuse for that. Parents should be there for their kids, period. My mom never would have pulled that shit on me, and I'm very independent today. Kids learn that stuff on their own, without little "tests" like this. Now her kid's never going to let her leave the room, in fear she won't come back. Good job, mom.

Kanvis78 0

Whoa Whoa, not so harsh towards momma, the kid was 17. Gotta learn sometime. :)

Where does it say he was 17? He was crying so hard, sounds like he's more like 10 or under.

kaytwiztid 0

where does it say the kid is 17

gram1 1

Who knows, the kid might have been 12! LOL I never had that problem - my kids had minds of there own and would take off on me - "mom, I wasn't lost, you moved! I knew where you were!" and that was at age 3!! It's hard to shop, do housework, etc. when you have to watch your kids every minute!

Funny, it's so hard but women have been doing it for centuries. I'm a mom too, still haven't lost my kids and I manage to get all my errands and tasks done successfully... knock on wood.

my2centsworth 15

No, it's not hard to accomplish every day tasks and watch your kids at the same time. it's simply parenting. But regardless of your opinion on that, the woman deliberately left an obviously emotionally young child to "test his independence." That's simply poor parenting. She'll be paying for that choice for a long time.

If I Were The Little Boy...I'd Run Away And Test My Mothers Emotional Independence...See How She Feels. =]]

teencountryboy97 0

haha ikr! so i wasnt the only one thinkin tht

and he failed the test! back to the orphanage

Or She Failed The Test ! :] Back To Work :D

goldhighways 0

awwww poor kid :( what a bitch!