By Eivana - 30/11/2018 12:00

Today, I finally got up the nerve to leave my boyfriend. We have no spark and quite honestly, it's been really awkward. I planned to tell him when he came in, and I did. After all was said and done, he handed me the roses and new puppy he had bought for me, a puppy that I had been saving up to get. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 210
You deserved it 1 320

Same thing different taste

Top comments

When he came in, you told him this? You didn't notice that he had a bouquet of roses and a freakin' <i>live puppy</i> with him?

Guess it’s not puppy love then? Sounds ruff. Bet you felt a little hot under the collar but at least you are not leading him on. Sorry for the paw jokes.

Comments

ADOPT, don't buy. The best dog you'll ever have is a rescue.

While I agree, a lot of rescues have health problems, are dealing with neglect, or are incredibly old. In a lot of situations I’d really prefer to bond with a puppy and forge a relationship with that rather than adopt a rescue and be encumbered with issues I didn’t sign up for.

Reimburse him for the puppy by giving him the savings for it and the money you were going to continue to put towards it.

tounces7 27

What's the FML here? I mean, sounds more like HIS FML. You dumped someone you weren't interested in and still got rewarded for it.

YallDeservedItJk 22

Because it made her feel guilty?

Stan_The_Man 7

Psh, F his life. You didn’t do anything wrong but I feel bad for this bloke.

merserve 1

I literally had to join this sign so I could make a comment and then scroll all the way down to do it. That SUCKS for both you and him. He’s probably a great guy and you are a great gal but at least something good came of this? Tbh my buddy had a similar thing happen and my heart reaches to how snotty you feel but at least you are an awesome enough person to make him KNOW you will be good to that puppy and that he liked you enough to do you a solid. And good on you for being direct!

I'm guessing he knew it was coming, and thought he could change your mind.

I know I'm late, but here is an update. He and I worked through it, and managed to talk things over and remain close friends. He and I are seeing other people, but there are no hard feelings and we see each other very often.