Help me, doofus!

By rabbitoncocaine - 20/04/2012 06:41 - Germany - Unterbreizbach

Today, I locked my car. I put the key in my bag when suddenly my car began to roll backwards. I tried to get the key out of my bag but couldn't find it, and with the other hand I tried to stop the car. The worst thing was that some dumbass was watching me and didn't help. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 478
You deserved it 21 811

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I fail to see how he's the dumbass in this situation.

taniamw 9

Uhmmm. It's called a handbrake ?

Comments

Birdie_Sage 0

Don't do cocaine when you're driving, you will not look cool and you will make a big fool out of yourself. At least you tried!

BlackBlazeCobra 16

And look whose calling the tea kettle black.

Maybe he was just laughing at your easily-avoidable failure

katcot99 11

You should have just tried grabbing the car.... You can't get in a moving car. And btw...PARKING BREAK.. Use it.

NOWAYJOSE 14

That's BRAKE. Don't be a smartass if you can't pull it off.

katcot99 11

Brake* I know how to spell, people make mistakes.

mhm. that's why nazi is misspelled on your profile

Actually you can get in a moving car! Well if its unlocked!! But is possible and its Brake!

Why are people so fuzzed about spelling mistakes?

Because it's only a big issue when insulting others. Mistakes are fine, but if you start typing in "txt spk", you're going to be flamed.

Fair enough. I understand it in this case. But some people really take a piss of others just because they made a simple spelling mistake. Even if they see on the profile that that person isn't from the states, or anywhere where the speak English.

@40: Kinda like the OP did, right?

Typical of women hahaha sucky drivers

Typical of douchebags. Misogynists. Hahaha.

I don't get why men say women drivers are bad when insurance company's charge men more for insurance because they get in more accidents!

28) I don't know why you say women are bad drivers when it's estimated that men cause double the amount of car crashes and tickets by cops. next time you want to be sexist to women in any way do your research first.

Women tend to be more careless, men tend to be more reckless. The reckless drivers get into far more accidents, and those accidents tend to be much more severe.

slimjim8094 12

Doc, actually per mile driven, women get into more accidents, but they tend to be less severe due to a combination of less recklessness, less dangerous behavior like DUI, and (most importantly) less highway driving so lower speeds. Men do substantially more miles than women, and more of those are highway miles, which is the biggest reason for insurance rate differences

jackass_v 7

YDI because you didn't use the handbrake. And because you put the key in your bag instead of a pocket. My opinion, sux2bu pal.

katcot99 11

But he Was outside the car... That's the whole point of not being able to find his key.

who says she didn't use the hand brake (parking brake)? Those things can fail you know? That's why you should leave your car in gear when the engine is off (if it's a manual). Or you should have your steering wheel positioned so that if your car moves, it rolls into the kerb.

yes but if it was a parking lot then there probably wasn't a curb...just other cars

Agree with 46, most BMW have break fail at long terms. So are other cars. My car I need to put the hand break and in 2nd gear in order for it not to role away. And I don't even own a bad or old car. I think people should get used to this system, it won't make u feel silly like OP.

Putting anything important in your pockets is a stupid idea... For women anyways, women jeans have stupid tiny pockets half the time. I've lost so much crap by it falling out of my pockets. : /

yeah but Michealsgirl, if she'd left the car in gear then it wouldn't have rolled anyway. Regardless of whether or not she was in a car park.

Obeyy19 4

Those of you who keep calling her a dumbass, and mention breaks.. First, your a dumbass cause you can't read. It says "locked my car" then it started rolling backwards. So, she's trying to find the key to open the door of a MOVING car! Then she could break it. Smh. Read people.

By locking the car I'm assuming as is most again assuming that she just got out and there for should have properly parked and or used the Ebreak. DUMBASS

Geez man some people use autocorrect, and instead of BRAKE, it can change into BREAK. For example if I type: handbrake, sometimes it wants to change in Hand Break. Why are you so fuzzed about it? It's not like you don't understand what he means. It's so annoying to keep on scrolling to read bullshit comments like grammar or spellings corrections. Why don't u just stick with the story?

xStaciexLynnx 15

90- Welcome to FML. And stop saying 'fuzzed'.

Stopping a moving locked car with one hand isn't very smart.

SherBear133 7

You are supposed to pull the handbrake after you've parked the car and before you get out. You just unlock it before you drive again. It's important to always leave the handbrake on in a parked car that's parked on an incline, especially.... To keep the car from moving. :)

watsonpsykosis 10

Just because it autocorrects for you does not mean that it is correct nor a valid excuse for not checking what you type.

Obeyy19 4

Yeah maybe she should have it would have been smart but what much can she do when the door is locked AND the car is moving? DUMBASS.

You are a dumb ass there are parking breakes that you use before you lock the door so you are a complete idiot I'm 13 and I know more than you so piss off

snator 0

Fyl OP Hope you are OK with no injuries

user324234324 1

Do you have any idea how heavy a car is? Two people wouldn't be able to stop it from rolling. Stop blaming others for your mistake.