Help me, doofus!

By rabbitoncocaine - 20/04/2012 06:41 - Germany - Unterbreizbach

Today, I locked my car. I put the key in my bag when suddenly my car began to roll backwards. I tried to get the key out of my bag but couldn't find it, and with the other hand I tried to stop the car. The worst thing was that some dumbass was watching me and didn't help. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 478
You deserved it 21 811

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I fail to see how he's the dumbass in this situation.

taniamw 9

Uhmmm. It's called a handbrake ?

Comments

apocalyptic_1125 0

Was he the Hulk? Because otherwise I don't think he would have had much success stopping a moving car with his bare hands.

You're the dumbass in this story! You don't have an E brake? You expect a stranger to risk getting run over because of your stupidity? I hope he recorded it. Maybe we'll see it on World's Dumbest! YDI!

Just like a woman: I made a mistake and it's someone else's fault they didn't help me. Grow up.

We are assuming in this story, the street is at a 60 degree slope, the car she is driving is an SUV, and the guy could have been no use. However, if the car was compact (which it should be in Germany! People!) it is very much possible to stop it with no injuries. The key is stopping it before it gets enough speed to do damage. Not everyone drives a huge ass SUV Americans, especially in European countries.

being upset with a bystander for not wanting to risk life/limb over a material item that was the direct and sole result of you being clueless & irresponsible is just shameful.

sinekt 9

You must be a woman. Only a woman would be capable of putting car keys in a bag (WHAT THE ACTUAL F ????). Also, ONLY a woman would even consider to stop 1000 Kgs of steel with their bear hands. I hope your car got really wrecked so hopefully you won't be driving anymore. I only drive for 3 years and handbrake + 1st gear is a reflex by now everytime i stop my car.

littlelotte98 3
thamindofme 0

that's a lesson for all the bitches who put to much shit in their purse

Your calling him the dumb ass for not dropping everything to help YOUR dumb ass stop your car you should be more organized just throwing stuff into your bag

Let's get this straight. Op parked the car at a slope obviously (if the parking spot was level the car would not have started to roll in first place). Then it looks like op forgot to use the handbrake before she left her car. And probably also had not set in either the first gear or reverse (both work). So yeah the onlooker is the dumbass for not dropping everything just to try to stop a car that weighs a ton. Yeah, next time the onlooker should jump in the direction the car is rolling and try to make it stop. Hum, I have not visited the darwin awards website in a while.