Happy birthday, I suppose…

By chessgeeksam - 14/03/2009 19:28 - United States

Today, I learned that the surprise party thrown for my girlfriend's 19th birthday was wonderful and she couldn't be happier. Except that I didn't show up. Apparently 40 people were invited but I wasn't one of them. We've been going out for three years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 77 473
You deserved it 4 052

Same thing different taste

Top comments

..Ouch. And she didn't invite you once the party started? She's as crappy as her friends, then.

#4, that was so stupid that I reported you for abuse. Abuse of the english language, of my intelligence, of the comment system...

Comments

suprise party or not, bitch should have called you when she learned you werent there.

wallythedolly 0

That sucks that her friends don't like you.

leyash 0

I agree with #21 completely. But her friends probably assumed that you knew, or they just really don't like you.

I'm sure if she knew about the fact you were not invited she would have invited you. but, whatever she's YOUR girlfriend so just laugh it off, screw her friends/whoever threw the party!

#4 is getting ******* annihilated by everyone. awesome. such stupidity should not go unpunished.

Well, either her friends don't know you very well, or they don't like you very much. I have a few friends where, if I threw her a party, I probably WOULDN'T invite her boyfriend because he's not a part of our circle of friends. No one is like a 3-years boyfriend, but if you haven't made an attempt to get in with her friends in three years, you're kind of a dick. And you're kind of a dick anyway for planning nothing for her birthday.

Not going to lie, you'd also be kind of a dick if you didn't invite their boyfriends. It's a party for them, not you. They've chosen to date such a person, so even though you might not like them to be there, it isn't about you, it is about who's birthday it is.

27 - You're an idiot. Look at the comment above yours. It was a WEEK BEFORE.

Brolin 4

People need to learn to fully read, or apologize for their temporary stupidity.....either is acceptable, I also accept cash :) and yeah that sucks, pretty much what most of everybody said, besides #4 and #27

bigcrazymike 6

Sorry to break the news but, it sounds like your gf's friends either don't like you, or don't think you're an important part of her life. And why didn't your gf call you once the party got started? It could be that your gf doesn't take you as seriously as you thought she did, and her friends are well aware of that. Tough luck, buddy.