Hands off parenting

By iloveyoutoomom - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - France

Today, my mom had an appointment with my teacher after class. She never showed. My teacher ended up driving me home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 595
You deserved it 3 572

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SugarCrazy 14

Nice teacher... Mine would've been like "Walk to the bus stop -.-"

Even parents are still scared of teachers it seems.

Comments

Yinky_Unbanned 0

Sounds like the movie Matilda. :p

i love how u say the movie but not the book...

Yinky_Unbanned 0

^ P90x ain't got nothing on me !! lol jk thanks for noticing tho it's always nice :P

Yinky_Unbanned 0

^ ^ oh and shhh don't tell anyone but you got thumbed up by me ;)))

heyimjennyFML 5

and? maybe your mom had something more important! or maybe she forgot, oh well parents forget stuff all the time.

stoptrying 9

"Oh well" to a mother completely forgetting her kid. God I really hope you never have children, both for their sake and the gene pools sake.

heyimjennyFML 5

she was at school though it's a safe place so it really isn't a big deal.

Something more important? Like what? Unless the mum was ill or another relative was taken ill suddenly, there is NOTHING more important than your child! If there was a genuine reason for his mum not turning up I doubt he would've posted the FML!

heyimjennyFML 5

she didn't forget her child! she forgot about the interview if op usually takes the bus or gets a ride from a friends it's understandable. he also should have tried to reach her to remind her even If she didn't have a cell phone I'm sure she has a house phone or work number he could have called. and maybe his mom was ill or a relative op could of just left that part out bc he wanted his fml to get posted or bc he's a brat!

sxe_beast 11

@jenny- My mother has never forgotten anything and has always showed up to appointments. She makes it to every appointment, every sports game, every school function, etc for all 4 of her kids. She has never not once "forgotten", and in no situation would it be understandable. If she or a relative were ill she would call. She wouldn't just make me and the teacher sit there waiting. Stop making excuses for lousy parenting.

And if the mum had an appointment with the kids teacher it was probably important so if she forgot about it that's STILL poor parenting! She STILL forgot to pick her child up from school! It doesn't matter if she normally picks the kid up from school or not.

heyimjennyFML 5

91- your mother sounds perfect. my mom has 4 kids too and she forgets EVERYTHING. last year I stayed after school a lot so I would make sure to remind her before I left for school and either after school or when I needed to be picked up and she would always admit she forgot but would be there. it's not like op's mom forgot him in a other city or the store he was at school for 7-8 hours and she forgot about the interview it's human nature to forget, I find it very understandable and nobody can change my mind. maybe ops mom tried to call but they wernt answering. 93- it DOES matter if she forgot about the interview how would she remember to pick him up??

The bit that was aimed at me made no sense..

heyimjennyFML 5

You're saying it does matter that she forgot as if I was saying it doesn't.. It matters that she forgot to see the teacher and it matters that she forgot to collect her child from school.

Oh! I see now!! You meant 'it DOES matter[if she normally picks OP up] if she forgot about the interview how would she remember to pick him up??' There should have been a period or comma in there. I read that as one whole sentence. ('Tommy helped his uncle jack off a horse.' is not the same as 'Tommy helped his uncle, Jack, off a horse.') It doesn't matter if she does or not.. If your kid goes to the cinema one time and you remember to pick them up it's not because you always pick them up, it's because you're a good parent. Again, if you have to see your kids teacher it's probably important enough that you should damn well remember to go!

parents are way to uninvolved anymore:/ FYL kudos to the ones who care enough to take the time to know what's going on at school.

CaptinObvious467_fml 2

I think your mom ditched you. Ydi for not flying home like normal people.

Today my 16 year old son and his friends were making 2 boxes of hamburger helper and called me wanting to know what 1 3/4 + 1 3/4 cups would be.. I was at a PTA meeting.. sitting next to the principal :/

this was not suppose to go on here.. I need coffee:/ sorry

no... I'm just a complete idot today.. seriously.. hope a mod is nice enough to delete the post for me:)

At least you don't get stranded at the gym every week because your parents forget to pick you up

I thought that was standard parental practice?? What so some people's parents actually do turn up??

I feel like this fml belongs on my life is average.com

MLIA sucks now, it used to be really average.

Where I live, teachers aren't allowed to drive students home for liability reasons. OP, consider yourself lucky you had a ride at all.

at my school teachers and students hang out after school together, I love going to mr. Alligoods house.

I don't mean to play Chris Hansen here but are you saying that a pretty, young, female teenager is frequenting the house of an adult, male teacher, whom probably calls himself Mr. All-is-Good. It probably means nothing but if I were Mintyfresh I wouldn't drink anything while I was over there.

^^future kidnapping, rape, murder victim up there. Don't trust so easily, it's bad for your health.

TheDrifter 23

Why assume such poor intentions of the teacher? I'm reasonably certain he doesn't intend to kill her. His promise that a certain video will remain of the Internet however, that is dubious at best.