Yada yada yade

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, while waiting for my mom to pick me up from university, I took out my phone and pretended to talk to someone. I didn't think people still pointed and laughed, but apparently they do when your mom pulls up and shouts, "Stop pretending to talk to someone." FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 037
You deserved it 33 780

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're supposed to pretend to text people but really just go on Facebook....

I'm sorry, but pretending to talk to someone is pathetic. Pretend to text like everyone else or just do a thousand other things phones these days offer.

Comments

You're supposed to pretend to text people but really just go on Facebook....

Or not be bothered with not having your phone stuck in your face at all times...

xoconnie 8

After so many FMLs about fake talking on the phone, I believe all have us here have learned a valuable lesson.. lol dont do it and just fake text someone! come onnnn man!

If ur ever walking alone at night and there's a vehicle full of guys or some shit pretend to talk on the phone it's the best thing ever, no ones going to jump u if they think ur almost home and have an audience.

rallets 22

but who was phone?!?! forever a phone

Or just plug in your earphones and listen to some tunes.

Horde 8

YDI for pretending to talk to friends you don't have to impress people you don't care about.

I'm sorry, but pretending to talk to someone is pathetic. Pretend to text like everyone else or just do a thousand other things phones these days offer.

What about just sitting there and doing nothing while you're waiting?

What about actually texting or calling someone while you wait? Then you seems less stupid.

bitchslapped22 14

Why is someone so concerned about their self-image in front of complete strangers?

kewlkate 9

I pretend to do that when I'm by myself in public and waiting for someone just so less people think to bother me. It works

Well, you kind of deserve that one. It's a little bit awkward to pretend to talk on the phone. And fairly obvious to spot out in my opinion

KiddNYC1O 20
xxkimmyt 9

Old enough to go to University, old enough to know better.

slappinGoodtimes 0

Old enough to not have mommy pick you up?

The only acceptable time to fake talk or text is at the strip club when you are trying to ignore the freaky dancer bugging your group for a lap dance.

Girl wants to give lap dance ... Guy refuses? That's a new one. You're at a strip club. You're not exactly there to eat buffalo wings and drink coke.

Not all the girls there are one guy's type. They got to keep an array for everyone. And some of them can be downright annoying.

U just happen to know that, and be the judge right

This sounds like a regular thing with you or else your mother wouldn't have said that.

Mother knows best! She is right, fake talking is pathetic!

So many questions... Let's start with: 1. Why the hell did you just decide to pretend to talk to someone on the phone? 2. How did your mom know?

I think OP person is a loner so she does this quite often.