Get Out

By Anonymous - 25/07/2013 06:04 - Australia - Mulgrave

Today, I came home to find that my mother had cleaned my room, and she'd done a very good job, too. So good in fact, that she even managed to remove all of the furniture, replacing it with a note that said, "It's time to go, sweetie XO". FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 136
You deserved it 8 132

Same thing different taste

Comments

If you're just eighteen then this really sucks. If you're 47 then yeah I think mummy is right...

"Today, I did the only thing I could think of to get my lard ass 34 year old video game playing stoner crack smoking loser son out of my basement. I threw out his furniture....FML"

clarinetplayer01 9

I know there's a law in Norway, that protects just-18-year olds against that. If they're still in highschool and jobless, the parents can't throw them out yet, even if they're over 18. I haven't had to use this, I think I'm safe to go until I'm 20, but I'll be out of the house before or around that age I believe. I have a friend that turned 18, and the mom started to take rent immediately. Sucks.

TheDrifter 23

I can see if you're still in school, but milking it for a couple more years? Those super crummy apartments with a couple flat mates are (or were) a vital part of character building and adapting to adulthood, what good can come from stunting social and economic development by coddling kids for longer?

Well, I spent a year abroad and learned a language I had absolutely no connection to. I'm really not the type of person to like change, at all. Heck, I've used the same deodorant for almost a decade because I don't even like those minor changes. Some people thrive on changes. Some don't. Going abroad a year changed my life. I grew alot that year. No friends, no family for a year. A new set of family and friends. And I believe that's enough adventure for atleast another decade.

sometimes tough love is the only way

friedbunnies 9

If you're of legal age, ydi. Independence is necessary for survival.

This could be like the start of one of those inspirational movies where you become successful and they act like they never did anything. Go out and do something awesome OP