Food fight

By hss - 30/05/2011 01:59 - United States

Today, my fiancé and I had a fight because he wouldn't let me get what I wanted to eat, even though it was my money. He said, "It's way too many calories. I'm supposed to help you lose weight." When I pointed out that I had given up a month ago, he looked at me and said, "Yeah, I can tell." FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 854
You deserved it 49 688

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HeaRTs_Girl 0

No matter how you spin it, this situation is just ******* sad. Good luck, assholes.

You asked him to help you lose weight at some point. He agreed. That means he has to do his job and encourage you to lose weight, even when you say you give up.

Comments

I like how with this FML, you start to have sympathy for the OP until the last sentence, which makes you dislike them even more.

Nobody wants to date a fat slob. Lose weight.

Ninjasaurus18 9

Step 1) Run every other day or so. Start at .5 miles. Then after about a week, run around .75 mi. After a week run 1 mi. Continue going up .25 mi every week. Push yourself. But not too hard. 2) DRINK WATER AND EAT FOOD. Do NOT starve yourself. It will make you GAIN weight. 3) Invest in high quality, real food. Fruits, veggies, grains, dairy and meats. Eat until you're not hungry. 4) Reward yourself! Pick one day a week to eat more sugary and salty food than usual. It'll make you feel better about eating healthy. Hope this helps:)

I would of killed him if he said that to me!!

From your attitude about your possessions i sense a pre-nup

ileenefudge 29

May I point out to everyone saying that she needs to lose weight, ect., that the FML NEVER said she asked for his help. I may be over analyzing this, but he said he was supposed to help, which suggests to me that he believes he is because he is with her. If she asked for his help I'm sure she would let him know about her progress so he can help more and be more supportive, but it doesn't say that. I'm sure he would've know she gave up a month ago if she really did ask his help, but given the fact that he didn't know and is still trying to tell her what she can and can not get with her money , I think he's just being an ass. I also think this is a warning sign that he may be controlling. Partners are supposed to be supporting and loving and this guy actions and words don't show that. This is just how I read the FML though and I know everyone has their own opinion and interpretation of the FML.

You guys are so mean! Even if OP is heavy and could stand to lose weight, her boyfriend was still incredibly insensitive and rude.

Whether OP is over weight or not, telling someone that they can't eat what they want is controlling. OP has the freedom to do whatever she wants.

You can't just "give up" on a diet. It takes time.

It sounds like OP asked her fiancé to help her stick to her diet. OP then got upset that she got called out for cheating on it. Lose Lose situation for the fiancé. Perhaps he used the wrong words and generally handled it poorly, but it really does sound like OP got exactly what she asked for. Voted both ways - he handled it poorly (life sucks), but she asked for it (deserved it)