By Anonymous - 04/10/2011 21:08 - United Kingdom

Today, my younger cousin bought his girlfriend of 3 months a bunch of flowers. The only flower I've ever got from my boyfriend of 3 years is a plastic one he found on the floor in a bar. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 499
You deserved it 4 462

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks...But think of it this way, the plastic one won't die. :)

tsim_fml 0

Comments

enonymous 8

Was the flowers your cousin sent covered in Patron and Sierra Nevada? I think not! BF flowers: 1 Cousins:0

C'mon enonymous, correct it, I know you'll see it.

I'm probably one of the rare species of girls who would be happier with the plastic one. Gifts are nice, but not when they're planned. I'd much rather my boyfriend see something at random, think of me, and get it for me. That's much more thoughtful than the common bouquet of flowers and would go quite a longer way.

That sucks...But think of it this way, the plastic one won't die. :)

A metaphor for the relationship. Sounds like the boyfriend just found himself a foolproof excuse.

perdix 29

No, think of it THIS way: The plastic one is dead already, making it even a more apt metaphor.

atomicbaboon 0

So... The boyfriend found the relationship on the ground of a bar covered in alcohol?

Hey, I was just trying to make the situation sound better than it is.

least you got a flower. it's the thought that counts :)

a_nutritionist 10

@52 i agree. just because he doesnt get you flowers doesnt mean he does nothing. ydi for making a big deal out of something so trivial. the guy could get up early every morning and make you breakfast, drive you around, massage you after work, cook your meals, clean up after you, cheer you up when youre feeling down, but that ************ never bought you flowers...dump him.

It's the thought that counts. And the dirt and spiders it came with.

Hey its the thought that counts, picking up something plastic from the floor of a bar obviously made a connection in his mind with you

Your cousin should give your boyfriend some advice on how to be sweeter.

I think it's OP who should give her boyfriend some advice on how to be sweeter. I said to my boyfriend of three years that I would be happy if he once bought a flower for me. Today I got my third bouquet. MLIA.

tsim_fml 0

So, i've been giving flowers to my girlfriend and you plus 8 people agree flower's dont equal love? have you people ever been in a loving relationship before? I guess not...

Do you honestly think flowers are the difference between a loving relationship and one that's not? Time to grow up a little. Flowers are a gesture and, like any gesture, it can be meaningful or empty. I had an ex who gave me flowers at least once a week; whenever he beat the shit out of me, flowers were his apology. Real loving, huh?

I use to get angry that I can count on a single hand the amount of times my husband has bought me flowers but then I remember the times he surprises me with my favorite candy bar after he pays for gas. Or randomly takes the kids in the morning so i can sleep in. Thoughtfulness means love, not necessarily flowers.

33, were they real flowers or plastic?

tsim_fml 0

30 - Actually I am in one right now and to be honest, we don't exchange flowers to show our love, we exchange our thoughts and our lives together.

stacianichole 2

Agreed. The boyfriend I had that constantly gave me flowers was visiting his ex regularly and too chicken to just tell me. (You can be friends with an ex, just don't hide it or it seems like there's something to hide.) That was on top of other hidden things... Sometimes flowers and gestures are a distraction from what's really going on.

If you don't like it there are ~ 3.5 billion other males out there.

I don't know how people always forget that. If you're just going to bitch that your bf isn't 'romantic' enough or something, do yourselves a favour and break it off. You find some love zombie who delivers flowers like the morning post and he can find a low maintenance gf who's happy with plastic blooms from bars.