Enjoy yourself, I guess

By Anonymous - 15/02/2017 01:00 - Spain - Las Palmas

Today, I went with my girlfriend to the airport for some much needed vacation time. We arrived on time but were stopped at the gate when they told me I didn't have the right passport. The plane left without me. My girlfriend did too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 625
You deserved it 1 294

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't know, if I had paid for a (likely expensive) plane ticket and was looking forward to some much needed vacation time, I think it would be kind of selfish of someone to ask me not to go because they didn't make the proper preparations. Financially it also makes sense for her to go so that they only end up paying for one additional ticket, not two. So she goes ahead, and OP can reschedule the flight and join her when he gets his stuff in order. Next time he'll be more careful.

Talis99 26

That really sucks. Should have double checked beforehand if you didn't.

Comments

Twisted_Angel 17

Was the hotel non refundable? Was it expensive? I can tell you my husband would have made me get on that plane, and he would have met me there later. Maybe you should have paid better attention to what you were doing to get ready to go. There's also a chance that you always do things like this and she's tired of it so she decided this time you could deal with it.

You deserved it. When I went to England from the USA, I checked many times making sure I had the correct credentials.

I'm wondering if she'd told you to get your passport checked beforehand and you didn't. Maybe that's why she left without you.