Empathy Man

By Anonymous - 05/08/2020 02:02

Today, I told my man I was feeling a lack of emotional closeness and dialogue in our relationship. I'd hoped for a comeback like, "So what do you need in order to change that?" Or even, "Aw, come here, let's cuddle!" Instead, I got a simple, "I don't." FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 490
You deserved it 338

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There are those who say honesty is important in a relationship. I say it's overrated. Saying the right thing at the time is most important!

Wow for a guy you really seem to know what woman want/ think... NOT.

Comments

There are those who say honesty is important in a relationship. I say it's overrated. Saying the right thing at the time is most important!

its that honesty cab such without empathy

You mean "can suck?" See? Empathy causes you to lie at certain times.

Women always say they want men to “open up about their feelings” ...until they do.

Wow for a guy you really seem to know what woman want/ think... NOT.

lifeis4me 20

That wasn’t opening up. He didn’t even explain why he didn’t want to touch her.

thatkorean 5

Many people have different love languages. Could it be that? Because maybe he shows you things in a different way that is his love language. Not many communicate with words but with actions. Though if it’s all lacking maybe it’s time to rethink the relationship.

Men are dumb. You have to state "I want to cuddle", or "I want to hear about your favorite [whatever]" if you want something. Otherwise their brains seize and they say dumb stuff.

TinScarecrow 15

You call men dumb for being direct? Men are often simpler to understand and interact with, but they're not "dumb" for it. If you make the mistake of confusing complicated hinting for intelligence you're being pretty dumb

you are upset because his response is not what you expected, why didn't you suggest to him what can help to redevelop those feelings?