Compassionate

By Anonymous - 25/01/2021 12:01 - Australia - Carnegie

Today, I tried to speak to my wife about my feelings for this coming year, family and work. I thought it wouldn't be a problem as I regularly listen and support her with her feelings, emotional issues, anxiety, depression, etc. She shut me down in 30 seconds and said to stop acting like my mother and being so stupid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 278
You deserved it 103

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tounces7 27

You're married to a narcissist.

I didn't mean to touch the "you deserve it" button. It sounds like, sadly, that your wife is an abusive asshole and you have some thinking to do. For me, it would be counseling, both individual and couples, or divorce. I'd like to smack her!

Comments

Rookie mistake! A man expressing feelings of vulnerability to a woman? That won't work. As much progress toward gender equality as has been made, that's probably going to be one of the last double-standards to fall. Until then, when you feel bad, just get drunk and watch sports.

tounces7 27

I wish more people understood the bitter sarcasm in this comment, and why it's such a significant problem in society.

We understand it but the fact that people actually act like this in society still pisses me off.

crackpot8007t 7

Moreover, you have shitty taste in women then. Regardless of your gender, if you're with someone who can't be there for you emotionally, you're with the wrong person.

I didn't mean to touch the "you deserve it" button. It sounds like, sadly, that your wife is an abusive asshole and you have some thinking to do. For me, it would be counseling, both individual and couples, or divorce. I'd like to smack her!

tounces7 27

You're married to a narcissist.

Gabbz737 12

that's when u tell her "if u don't care about me I'll find a woman who will!

flagbitch 8

That's really a shame. If my husband wanted to express his thoughts and feelings on serious matters, I'd listen up and be thrilled to do so.

peterblack67 9

that is so disrespectful. i would never say that to my husband. a wife shouldn't be that way . you have some thinking to do. that is not what being married is.