Dream Baby Dream

By Sleepless - 03/02/2014 13:29 - Australia

Today, after years of insomnia and going to doctors to help get a regular sleeping pattern, I finally fell asleep without the help of medication, only to dream about being chased by an angry seal and singing to Rihanna with a horse. This is probably why I don't sleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 965
You deserved it 4 282

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ohishkabibble 21

Were you by any chance watching videos of cute baby seals and listening to Rhi today? Because one theory about sleep is that it's about information processing; that is, our dreams are a result of us consolidating memories from our day. For example, that's probably why my girlfriend has so many dreams that play out like video games, since she plays video games every day. Don't worry too much about your weird dreams, OP!

It's amazing at how little people pay attention when reading FML's

Comments

yea, I know that feel. hope you can finally get some sleep OP. and please go see a doctor OP

746278Ab 14

It's time for some medication!

It's amazing at how little people pay attention when reading FML's

So true. Especially when I have seen several people refer to this OP as "him" when the gender symbol quite obviously identifies the OP as a female.

I think #2 meant it as time to start taking medication AGAIN. at least that's how I first read it.

*Points to the part that said OP took medication.*

It is because the Broncos lost, isn't it?

RedPillSucks 31

Australians probably don't care.

Goblin182 26

Everyone cares about Peyton Manning's legacy.

B1ackthesun 31

Who #30? I have no idea who that is. As an Australian, like op, I can confirm no, not everyone cares. Not even close.

perdix 29

#30, totally! He can't retire after a stinker like yesterday. Sure, his numbers looked good, but they're easy to rack up when you throw 4-yard passes. A stinking turd of a game to cap off an MVP season. Horrible!

ThatFancyPenn 18

Let's not talk about that game.

They have a better contact sport to worry about. Rugby.

ohishkabibble 21

Were you by any chance watching videos of cute baby seals and listening to Rhi today? Because one theory about sleep is that it's about information processing; that is, our dreams are a result of us consolidating memories from our day. For example, that's probably why my girlfriend has so many dreams that play out like video games, since she plays video games every day. Don't worry too much about your weird dreams, OP!

#46 probably read #4's comment like: yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada GIRL yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada VIDEO GAMES yada yada yada.

Although I think there is some validity to this theory, sometimes people do just have weird dreams. A lot of my dreams are pretty weird and I can't see any correlation between most of them and real life. It shouldn't be a reason not to sleep though - embrace the dreams OP! (I assume there's more to the insomnia but still)

There's no real life explanation for the dream I had in which my dad called me on a payphone (as in, I was standing next to a payphone in a mall, and it rang) to tell me he was angry with my sister and wanted me to fill her prosthetic ear with Krazy Glue. I don't even HAVE a sister.

peasonearth 8

medication might be your next step OP, it worked for me after my sleepwalking included me making mac and cheese and spilling the boiling water onto myself

Please re-read the FML. OP did use meds. This is the result of the meds.

CommentModerated 17

The irony, 38. "I finally feel asleep without the help of medication."

More ironic being corrected by a girl named CommentModerated. At which i giggled slightly.

yeah that does suck, I have insomnia and sleep terror as well. at least you didn't have my last nightmare where I was being eaten alive by roaches :-)

Aww, now I have the image of me getting eaten by roaches stuck in my head. Guess who won't be getting any sleep tonight :

ChristianH39 30

#7 there are very, very few people I would wish that dream upon.

TheKittiesTitays 8
perdix 29

Do you mean the animal or singer with the scarred face? Did Rihanna have the horse or were the two of you serenading her?

It was just SEAL chasing him, after listening to his crappy duet with Sarah Jessica Parker.

I bet the horse sounded better than Rihanna too