Domestic bliss

By Emma - 08/12/2015 17:23 - United States

Today, I had to hide the entire drawer of kitchen knives under my bed just to keep my mother from stabbing her cheating boyfriend, and slashing his tires. This happens more often than I'd like to admit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 294
You deserved it 1 575

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think it's time to move out, or kick her out. I know she's your mom but that's just psychotic

Sounds like you're the mother in this relationship.

Comments

Might want to hide the spoons too. Those can do some damage as well, I'm told.....

Locksley, I'm gonna cut your heart out with a spoon!

Can't say I blame her, being cheated on is the worst

leogachi 15

@17 Well, it's not worth going to prison over.

Though I agree that cheating is bad, and cheaters are the worst, being cheated on does not make assault/attempted murder/murder excusable. "You're under arrest for homicide." "Oh, it's fine officer, s/he cheated on me!" "Carry on, then."

It's legal in Hong Kong so long as she uses her bare hands.

Your mom needs to get rid of her boyfriend for her own sanity

Why doesnt she just break up with him?

Being angry after being cheated on is normal and understandable. After all, infidelity is one of the worst breaches of trust there is. However, there's a line between being angry and actually intending to commit murder. If you literally have to hide sharp objects to keep her from killing this guy, she needs professional help. I know it sucks, but it's probably best for everyone if you contact the police about it, and even if she goes to prison (and she probably will. Depending on the details, that may be several attempted murder charges), she will get free therapy and maybe she can resolve her issues. I can't imagine it's healthy to live with a parent who has such severe anger issues. It can easily lead to both physical and emotional abuse, and that's a scenario that you don't want to be in.

annerenb 6

prison=free therapy. That's a good way to put it I guess.

you should make the boyfriend your bitch all you gotta do is tell him about hiding the knives and if he refuses you one day missing one when grabbing them

Yeah you should probably report that to the police. If you aren't there to stop her she might really hurt someone