Dick move

By Stefania - 21/03/2022 06:00

Spicy
Today, I’m confined to a wheelchair since being paralyzed from the waist down due to an accident. My husband rubbed salt in the wound by sleeping with another woman, because he "has needs.” He had the cheek to call me “selfish” for being angry at him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 929
You deserved it 262

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nope. Huge, colossal nope. I can understand that there are rare circumstances where cheating is somewhat warranted, but this is absolutely no the case. OP should instant divorce the guy and sue him for everything he's got. He's a complete piece of shit: he cheated on her for the absolutely worst possible reason, because she had an accident and was paralyzed. Needs aren't a valid excuse to kick someone down when they're at their most vulnerable. Dear lord, you must be an absolute piece of trash yourself, I can see no other explanation.

Comments

I know that people will easily tell you to get divorced from all those useless advice. But it is a very not simple situation. he DOES have needs, doing it behind your back is WRONG. But If the situation you are in is permanent and long-lasting you really should think about both of your needs both physically and emotionally and figure out a way to answer them both.

Nope. Huge, colossal nope. I can understand that there are rare circumstances where cheating is somewhat warranted, but this is absolutely no the case. OP should instant divorce the guy and sue him for everything he's got. He's a complete piece of shit: he cheated on her for the absolutely worst possible reason, because she had an accident and was paralyzed. Needs aren't a valid excuse to kick someone down when they're at their most vulnerable. Dear lord, you must be an absolute piece of trash yourself, I can see no other explanation.

Nowhere did I say that what he did is right. I said that if she wants to continue the marriage she should have an open conversation about both their needs and boundaries. BTW it's a bit ironic to lecture others about morals while resulting to judgmental insult way of speech.

Jon Tessler 14

"he has needs" is NOT a valid excuse to cheat on his wife. there is this thing called "communication" where people talk to each other about their "needs" and to make sure their partner understands what that person is feeling and thinking. I hope OP divorces him and takes him for everything he has got.

A reply on the importance of communication from someone who clearly didn't read the post they're replying to well enough to notice they said that cheating is wrong. I might even agree with you on the divorce thing, but how about actually listening to your own advice?

@Rake - You're a real prince, aren't you?

Needs? He is an adult, he can control himself, and if he really can’t he has two hands. Sex is not a need. You can live without sex. Food, water and sleep are needs.

ashlston 12

I'm really sorry all of that has happened to you. You deserve a better partner.

Your husband is a piece of shit lost cause, sorry. Toss his ass out and start that healing process. But also put healing into how you feel about your new reality. Wheelchair users tend to prefer, well, "Wheelchair user". (I do, anyway. But I've been disabled for a long time now.) I hope that healing finds you easily, that peace comes to you willingly. Embrace the disabled community and celebrate with us. Also a lot of us have lost friends, family and lovers to our disability so we can relate.