Delayed

By inheritance - 05/05/2015 14:44 - Denmark - Lyngby

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend. She said, "Sure, but not yet." As we've been together for five years, I was a bit confused, but she cleared that up with, "Not until your dad has died, I don't want him to ruin my wedding with a bad toast." FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 478
You deserved it 3 436

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bettyc4 26

Encouraging a family member's death?! Ditch the Bitch!

Comments

bettyc4 26

Encouraging a family member's death?! Ditch the Bitch!

Why is everyone on this site so quick to break up?

idk. go kill your dad then get back to me.

Right? Someone could sneeze and they say to break up with them.

Maybe people are saying break up with the bitch because she won't marry OP until his dad dies?? Sounds pretty ****** up to me. I'd ditch the bitch too.

There's also the fact that her reason is because of the freaking reception toast. It isn't about becoming his daughter in law. Bitch x3.

Orrrrrrrrrr...... The girlfriend was cruelly jesting. *everyone gasps* "But, she had to be 100% serious, she just had to be! :O" "This wouldn't have been a FML if she wasn't serious! >:(" "OP wouldn't put it up if she was jesting, like..... duh! >:/" Okay, you convince me. She was 100% serious, she's a total bitch and deserves to live forever alone. (sarcasm)

Unless she was joking, OP needs to run. This woman is a monster and OP should count himself lucky that he got this warning before he married her. Run OP. Anyone that would deny a parent the ability to see his son marry so she doesn't have to hear a bad speech is a terrible human being.

Even if her response was a joke it was cruel to joke about why the proposal was turned down like that. If it wasn't a joke I would have played the smack a bitch for $5 game. Any woman willing to smack her would win $5.

#5 nobody said anything about killing the dad so...

Going to play devils advocate a little. What if op's dad is a dick? It's FML, I'm sure we know toasting horror stories. What if he hates her and would dimmed negatively towards her, or get drunk and embarrass them?

I am not for people saying to break up with someone over the small things, however making a comment like that is beyond unacceptable.

Soooooooo, 64, because he might get drunk or be an ass, that justifies not having the wedding UNTIL is dead? I've seen a few of your comments and I have to say, you seem a bit sexist. My dad and my brother are huge assholes, but I didn't exclude them from my wedding. And if my wife had suggested it, I wouldn't be married today. Being married comes with all the perks and flaws. Especially the siblings.

Or just say, "Ok, let's wait for your mom to die, too. This wedding must be PERFECT."

What engagement? Hopefully he dropped her faster than a hot potato fresh out of the oven.

meggieeeee92 27

Why can't you just tell your dad to not do a toast? Or to not make it embarrassing for you both? Her saying she is waiting for him to die is selfish and bitchy.

five years of your life you'll never get back!

five years of your life you'll never get back!

Whilst I can understand her not wanting the big day to be "ruined" by a bad toast that's uh... A whole other level.