Dead wrong

By Anonymous - 18/06/2020 08:08

Today, I attended my husband's funeral and my son carried out the eulogy, which basically turned into a character assassination, ending with "and I hope Hell is hot enough for you, old man." Almost our entire family agreed with every word he said. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 813
You deserved it 554

Same thing different taste

Top comments

maybe take the rose tinted glasses off and see what your family and SON saw for a second, there had to be a reason they all agreed with him.

Who’s the bigger asshole? The asshole that died, or the asshole calling the dead asshole an asshole at his funeral?

Comments

Don't worry -- lots of women like assholes. You're not unusually defective. Lucky for you, there are lots of assholes out there, so you'll have your choice. Oh, yeah, sorry for your loss.

Who’s the bigger asshole? The asshole that died, or the asshole calling the dead asshole an asshole at his funeral?

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

maybe take the rose tinted glasses off and see what your family and SON saw for a second, there had to be a reason they all agreed with him.

I'm sorry for your loss, but it really sounds like you didn't know your husband as well as you thought you did. One angry son is one thing, but his whole family seemed to know him as quite the monster if this is how he is regarded at his own funeral.

bl3ur0z3 17

Are you upset because you think the dead should be honored as saints regardless of who they really were or because you didn't see that side of him? How you treat those around you is how you'll be remembered and it sounds like he's not remembered fondly. Maybe you'll do better with the next one.

Sounds like you have rose colored glasses on regarding your husband...

I'm going to put this as a YDI, because you clearly refused to see the truth about him in life to the point of disbelieving your own son and the rest of your family. You were part of the problem.