Damned if you do…

By ritualdevice - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - France

Today, I have to train people overseas to do my job. If I succeed in teaching them what they need to know, then they get my job, and I get fired. If they don't perform well, then as the trainer I get blamed, and get fired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 450
You deserved it 2 307

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What kind of job is this? Why would you even take such a job?

olivejuice001 0

I was in pretty much the same boat when my department got downsized. The trick is to leave out something that they won't address for quite some time after you're gone. I *forgot* to train them on certain end of the year processes. That job ended at the beginning of the year, and I got the first voicemail from my old employer last week, asking if I was available to help them out on something. Suck it, fools.

Comments

alwaysalady 0

This sounds like a lose-lose for you. I'm sorry.

lol. Well do a good job. They don't fire you if you do. You get layed off and possibly severance pay. Do what #10 said. This reminds me of when this guy layed me off and than he got layed off the next day.

ETFfreak 0

What if you train them to do a mediocre job? Not well enough for them to be hired, but not bad enough for you to be fired.

soundexcess 0

This is why office shootings happen cause greedy corporate morons who can't recognize the value of good employees.

Just teach them the MJ "thriller" dance. HQ will be greatly impressed.

MusicMayhem 0

I may live in the U.S. but I feel your pain... overseas jobs are what we're always bitching about, FYL.