Damned if you do…

By ritualdevice - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - France

Today, I have to train people overseas to do my job. If I succeed in teaching them what they need to know, then they get my job, and I get fired. If they don't perform well, then as the trainer I get blamed, and get fired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 447
You deserved it 2 306

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What kind of job is this? Why would you even take such a job?

olivejuice001 0

I was in pretty much the same boat when my department got downsized. The trick is to leave out something that they won't address for quite some time after you're gone. I *forgot* to train them on certain end of the year processes. That job ended at the beginning of the year, and I got the first voicemail from my old employer last week, asking if I was available to help them out on something. Suck it, fools.

Comments

What kind of job is this? Why would you even take such a job?

lmao that makes no sense the expression is take a long walk off a short pier you ******* idiot

bibbler 0

It's called keeping good relations for future references. Rather important if he'd want to get another job once he gets (inevitably) canned. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, but he oughtn't make it worse on himself

#5. #1 said long jump. Not long walk. R-E-A-D next time

noobgang7 5

Or quit and they don't have a trainer or replacement

Link5794 18

42, WHAT IS YOUR ******* PROBLEM? Also, the OP should take it to court. With any luck, the boss would look like an asshole, and be convicted of wrongful termination or something like that.

bibbler 0

Don't do it dude, Tell your company to take a long jump a short cliff.

I'm guessing your serverance is tied to this training. It sucks either way.

The OP probably didn't know this was going to happen when he took the job. Things change quickly in companies sometimes and all of a sudden they may want to move your job overseas.

tick_tock 0

That sucks, why don't you get a better job and not waste your time with a shitty company like that?

Do and do it well. Then start a training business helping other companies in similar situations.

rosemary_fml 5
cowgod 0

hahaha, that comment is better than the FML itself!

heh heh. good for you. Stick-it to the man.

antman00 0

Not always the case. Most often when outsourcing like that it's because they can pay someone much less for doing the same job. Sort of how most tech support jobs are in India. They have the same general skills, but because the cost of living is as low as it is they are paid much less.

olivejuice001 0

I was in pretty much the same boat when my department got downsized. The trick is to leave out something that they won't address for quite some time after you're gone. I *forgot* to train them on certain end of the year processes. That job ended at the beginning of the year, and I got the first voicemail from my old employer last week, asking if I was available to help them out on something. Suck it, fools.

My dad had a job with Boeing in Saudi Arabia doing the same exact thing. He had to train them how to fix AWACS planes. He busted his ass so much though, that they gave him a promotion. He now is a supervisor and gets renewed every 3 years with a new contract. Bust your ass and prove to your boss that you can work, and they will keep you.