Six weeks for nowt

By Dezzmond68 - 15/09/2016 20:26 - Canada - Aylmer

Today, I got in trouble at work because the person whom I trained, and had done everything correctly with no mistakes, and said he was comfortable being on his own when I asked, was screwing it all up over the course of 6 weeks. When I asked him, he said, "I think my way is better than yours." FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 982
You deserved it 886

Same thing different taste

Top comments

to be fair, the best way to learn is from your mistakes. Let him get his own ass fired

He meant to say, "My way requires less effort. " People like that come and go at my job all the time.

Comments

Arrogant bastard. Thinking your own way is supperior, even when the person who taught you says otherwise, that's sheer arrogance.

to be fair, the best way to learn is from your mistakes. Let him get his own ass fired

He meant to say, "My way requires less effort. " People like that come and go at my job all the time.

I've read this 3 times and I'm still not 100% sure I understand what it says

drayloon 50

After being trained, the scrub said "to hell with that, I wanna do it my way" and pretty much ****** everything up

5 - Two sentences. There's a period in there somewhere.

askullnamedbilly 33

Let me do the honors of summarizing then: OP trained the new guy at work. During their training, he did everything correctly. She then asked him if he was comfortable working on his own, which he said he was. After six weeks, OP found out the new guy was ******* everything up. Apparently, he decided to ignore all the training he got because he thinks his way is better than hers.

Well that's not your fault. He's obviously a dick.

Ah, the cocky employee. I know someone exactly like this. His old company uses everything he did during their employee gatherings when letting everyone know what they appreciate and do not appreciate in an employee. You might be in some trouble, but I doubt it'll escalate for you. For your coworker? Most definitely.

I'm having a hard time understanding what you're trying to say bro...

I'm not terribly certain with what you're trying to say. But, if I understand it correctly, chances are he'll lose his job soon enough. There's always a reason you're taught to do things a certain way at a job.

why did you get in trouble? don't you have proof you showed him the right way? what about the first ones he did till you let him do it on its own, isn't there a way to prove he's just not following your instructions?

Some people can be so unnecessary. I wish he would repeat that statement to higher management so they can see that his mess isn't your fault but as a result of his self absorbed superiority complex.