Coming and going

By Kristat - 01/04/2012 04:32 - United States

Today, because I was the only manager scheduled, I went into work despite feeling sick to my stomach. While sitting down with a customer, I got the urge to throw up and tried to hold it back. Instead I vomited in my mouth, instinctively swallowed and started choking in front of the customer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 775
You deserved it 3 386

Same thing different taste

Top comments

chickenwalrus 14

I'm never reading FML while I eat again.

Comments

lrgenesis 19

Demand a goddamn raise immediately.

xXxIracebethxXx 14

Why the hell should OP demand a raise?

Although I don't think OP should "demand a goddamn raise immediately", because that' ll get them fired in the spot, I do think this is promotion worthy. I think OP should have a (professional) conversation with their boss and tell them that they're committed enough to swallow their own vomit just to serve customers. That should get OP up there fast.

1crabbygirl 10

How come I'm the only one who can't float a curse on this *@$&!?

I am now holding back my OWN vomit after reading this. What a gross and awkward situation. Truly sorry, OP.

Aww that sucks !!! So sorry that happened!!!

Sorry Op, but YDI for not calling to see if any other managers could cover for you and going into work when you're sick.

I don't know why you're getting thumbed down, I agree with you. You should never go to work sick especially if you have to deal with customers face to face. You risk getting them sick and also getting your coworkers sick. And on top of that you'll be distracted and tired so it will affect your performance.

KaziX_fml 4
linkinpark98 23

So, you're saying anyone who happens to feel sick and throws up is 'disgusting'? Hon, don't tell me you've never been sick and had to release some puke before.

tklone329 0

I woulda just been sick on the customer !

I thought refund policies weren't allowed . Also devotion is a beautiful thing

peanutfoo 19