Clout chasing

By Samantha - 31/05/2009 12:44 - Singapore

Today, I turned 22. Instead of cutting my own cake, I stood by and smiled at a friend's belated birthday party. Her birthday was actually two months ago, but she decided to have her party on my birthday. No one remembered mine but everyone got her beautiful gifts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 72 000
You deserved it 5 100

Same thing different taste

Top comments

spidergirl41 0

haha that must suck. Go buy yourself a happy birthday to me cake, take a picture of itself and send it to everyone so they feel sorry for you and buy you stuff

that_one_dude 0

I would be pissed if that happend.

Comments

I feel awful for you and I don't think you deserved it, regardless to whether or not you could have "said something." (I wouldn't have, either, in order to avoid making the situation more awkward and sad than it already is.) I really do not see how anybody can think that this is your fault. Happy birthday! :)

lilcuti3pi389 0

And you call those friends??

medusachic666 0

That sucks so hard. Does ANYONE look at the birthday reminders on facebook? lol Cause yeah, they should have at least remembered the general timing of your birthday, like what month it was, and been asking you what you wanted to do to celebrate. I would be absolutely ripsh!t if that happened to me. Talk about really really sh!tty friends. Find a way to make them feel horrible, cause that girl is possibly the biggest b!tch I've ever heard of for scheduling a party and NOT MAKING SURE THAT IT WASN'T ON THE DAY OF ONE OF HER FRIEND'S BIRTHDAYS. Motherf*cking c*nt.

thattickles 0

don't be such a doormat. you should have told your friend that it was your bday and maybe she would have made it a double part or wahtever.

playnogames 0

You deserved that. You should have said something before she had it.

bluedolphinz 0

aw, that's terrible. Happy Birthday!!

Strange enough, I think it´s her own fault. She could have said something. If she´s really that good of a friend, you could´ve mentioned it, to anyone. I get a really strange passive agressive vibe from this FML. Standing there smiling while she knew it should´ve been her party. I hate that in people, if i did something wrong, just say so and we´ll adress it. Don´t try to hide it, it will still bring people down and will only make you feel worse. I don´t want to be that guy, but this really annoys me. I hope this doesn´t happen again and I sincerely hope your life will be better from now on. Just be open and tell the people close to you what´s on your mind. If they´re really your friends, they´ll listen.

Happy Birthday!... I'm not going to go as far as say YDI because it sucks that your friend decided to have it on the same day, but if you're 22, you really should plan your own birthday (or at least remind people about it). I know if I didn't plan my birthday, the only people who would give me gifts or acknowledge it would be my parents.