Clout chasing

By Samantha - 31/05/2009 12:44 - Singapore

Today, I turned 22. Instead of cutting my own cake, I stood by and smiled at a friend's belated birthday party. Her birthday was actually two months ago, but she decided to have her party on my birthday. No one remembered mine but everyone got her beautiful gifts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 71 999
You deserved it 5 100

Same thing different taste

Top comments

spidergirl41 0

haha that must suck. Go buy yourself a happy birthday to me cake, take a picture of itself and send it to everyone so they feel sorry for you and buy you stuff

that_one_dude 0

I would be pissed if that happend.

Comments

wallythedolly 0

Who celebrates their birthday 2 months late???

jengen 0

How awful! That friend is totally selfish. I don't understand why would someone celebrate their birthday again with an official party 2 months later even though they celebrated it on their actual birthday. That's just retarded. Sounds like your friend did this on purpose because a real friend wouldn't do that. Happy birthday and I hope your special day turns out brighter for you.

bonafidehustler 0

Why didn't you say anything? "Hey guys, you know, it's my birthday today too! We can celebrate both of our birthdays together!" That wouldn't be so hard, now would it?

__thatsjustfunny 0

That's messed up. You should have said something/planned your own party. Your friend is not really your friend though if she does something like that. Unless she's not that close and wouldn't know your birthday, then it's your fault. Happy birthday! And you can celebrate it anytime you want, so go do something! :)

maybe they didnt know, i am terrible with dates. but happy birthday anyway :)

awww, im sorry ur friend's is a bitch how could she celebrate on UR day??? her special day was over 2 months ago u should have said something

_mcs_ 0

#9, relevancy? O.o You could have said something. Only a few of my friends remembered my birthday and only because I kept talking about how excited I was. You can't just be quiet and expect someone to notice your little pity party.

kingbeau 0

#34... Exactly! I never said it was illegal, but I know from my experience at uni and elsewhere that nearly every birthday I've ever even heard of for an 18, 19, 20 or 21 year old (legal drinking age of 18 here) has involved going to a bar and paying for the birthday boy or girl's drinks OR on rare occasions cash is given. I know full well that some people don't drink, I don't for one, but that doesn't change the fact that a birthday party two months after the fact is a huge stretch for getting presents, but I have seen it used as an excuse to go get drunk. You can pretend that people don't drink more than they probably should on average, but I'll believe it when I see even a half floor of a dorm stay sober for a week straight outside of finals. I don't really give a damn if people drink, its their life, it is simply fact.

funsize003 0

awh I'm sorry, sounds like you need some new friends.