Check this out

By Robert - 01/07/2009 09:37 - United States

Today, I got two viruses on my laptop. One was a fake anti-spyware program that cluttered the screen with pop-ups. The other opened the browser repeatedly, each time to a generic porn site. This all conveniently happened at work, on a projector and during a meeting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 649
You deserved it 7 410

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow that is really terrible.. Talk about bad timing FYL indeed

aww, that happened to someone i know at school once.

Comments

deaditegirl 0

YDI. It's not that hard to avoid viruses, especially on a work computer.

thank you number 6. if I was bill gates I would invest money on creating viruses for macs

I'm pretty sure that violates some laws concerning fair business practises.

STVader 0

What is this bullshit about "you can't afford a mac". I drive a goddamn Mercedes and I use WINDOWS because I hate the Mac OS as well as their hardware. Mac is NOT inherently more secure than windows and if you knew jack shit about computers this would be evident to you. "Apple" is a company, not an antivirus, they wouldn't be able to do anything to stop viral attacks on their platform- if coders targeted macs. The only reason macs get less viral infections is because there are a LOT more viruses that target Windows. As annoying mac users get more common, this will change.

So many people are quick to jump on the "you hate it because you can't afford it" boat. Inflated prices aside, Apple does not possess magical technology that allows them to create software that can block 100% of all viruses without fail. Many Mac owners are under the false impression that their computer is somehow immune to infection, so if someone decided to program several viruses for OSX, they would not have a hard time finding easy targets. OSX is only more secure because of UNIX coding and smaller market share.

wow. chill out man. and driving a mercedes doesn't mean anything...it could be a cheap 15 year old piece of shit. besides, Mercedes' are for stuck up, pompous, fat-headed men with no personality who just buy a car for the badge.

#36 Ugh, I thought I'd never see the day I'd defend Apple... Ok, there are a few problems with your post. Apple is not an antivirus company, yes, but OS manufacturers don't need to be — antivirus companies write the antivirus programs. There are Mac OS X viruses, yes, and there will be more; however, given Apple's history and the structure of the OS (Unix's permissions hierarchy makes it more difficult for undercover processes like those that run in Windows to do substantial damage to the computer), viruses are much more difficult to code. Apple also generally seeds updates MUCH quicker than Microsoft does when it comes to its OS, and as such holes are patched quicker. This is not to mitigate Apple, as they are just as evil as Microsoft (or even worse), but just to shed some light on your post. I am a Mac OS X user (though not a Mac user, but let's not get into that), but only because I've used the operating system long enough to have made a decision. I still practise good, safe habits that Windows users use (and there ARE antivirus systems for OS X — look up ClamXav), and I don't go around priding myself on my use of the OS; I use it because I like it. Now can we please end this stupid discussion over Mac/PC? It's been played out too many times, and it's just idiotic. Can we just please discuss the OP's FML for gob's sake?

whatnow2859 0

umm yeah i think you forgot that all companies are evil :)

YDI!! Either you were browsing dodgy websites on your work pc/laptop.. or you opened an attachment you shouldn't have.

I find it funny that so many YDIs are based on assumptions rather than anything the OP said/even suggested.

Well it's not a huge leap to get to that assumption. You don't just get a virus for no reason. The only other way that they could have been infected is if someone else used their laptop/computer and infected it then it's still their fault for given that person their password. Or they inserted some sort of infected media onto the laptop. Either way though if he had an up to date anti-virus software it would have at least warned him when he got infected.

SomeGuy1234 0

Stop doing things that get you infected with those viruses in the first place. You either downloaded a pirated program that someone hacked or went to a **** site with an insecure browser. Either way your fault for not browsing responsibly.

thats sucks horrible timing but at the same time u probably got those viruses by going on shady websites

I wish I was at that meeting! If you all sat there, looked at **** and masturbated, it would have been more productive than most meetings! Am I right, or am I right, or am I right?

YDI. Only fools are susceptible to malware.