Cats > Humans

By LittleRed79 - 03/11/2016 04:49 - Canada

Today, it's difficult being a single woman in my city: The female/male ratio is 3:1, and the last 3 dates I've been on were with a guy who kept asking for nudes, an aggressive raging alcoholic, and what turned out to be a married man. I'm seriously considering adopting several more cats. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 983
You deserved it 1 050

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just out of curiosity, I'm having trouble finding girls to date... What city are you in?

Comments

Lol you must live in Victoria :p it's a 3:1 ratio here, not sure where else is 3:1 :p

Maybe you should move. I once lived in Georgia where the ratio was nearly this bad (and of the men left are gay, DL, married, or in prison). When the stats are this way a lot of men realize they can act however they want and still find women to date, was worth the move to me.

That's definitely Victoria, BC. I did my undergrad there. Pitiful dating scene if you're a straight woman, hahahah!

LittleRed79 39

Haha! 32 & 34, well done! I have to assume you've both been in the same boat if you live here too. 33, you're absolutely right...it's basically a city full of frustrated women, and men with Peter Pan syndrome. None of them ever seem to want to grow up. I mean, why would they in a playground like this? As far as switching teams goes...if only it were by choice. Sadly, I'm just not into the ladies. Trust me, the convenience of that has crossed my mind more than once. Anyhow, luckily I have a good sense of humour and can laugh at all of this...you know, once removed from any potentially dangerous situations.

I definitely did live there and experience the horrible dating scene! I did my undergrad at UVic, but then as soon as I graduated 5 years ago I peaced the eff out! Dating has been much better since those days!

What's to consider?! Adopt many cats! And try some weed, that'll help you try the ladies…lol

I know where I'm going after college :)

Time to renew my passport! Can a Yank find a decent job there? I live in a place which is a beach town in summer. Half the year though, it's a retirement village. All the single women are on Medicare!

Victoria, BC is a university and retirement city. There's a saying that says the city is full of newlyweds and nearlydeads. Also, it has a horrible unemployment rate! It's absolutely gorgeous (beaches, wildlife, stunning flora, etc), but a bit soul-destroying if you're not in school or 90 years old. BUT, THAT GENDER RATIO, THOUGH...

vb68_fml 28

I think you should consider moving to another city,..your choice

tastychickens 13