Casting call out

By Kat - 17/09/2009 02:19 - United States

Today, I was trying out for a play I really wanted to be in. After my audition, I was feeling really good. She said she would post the cast list tomorrow. Not knowing where she would post it, I asked her. Her reply? "It doesn't matter. You won't be on it anyway." FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 313
You deserved it 3 338

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't worry about it. The director was very rude to say that, but if you are planning on acting you are going to see a lot more of that. Don't let it get to you, just keep auditioning... and don't listen to the people posting negative comments, they just have no life. Break a leg in your future auditions!

Comments

moonlight_daze 8

Them's the breaks, :-( Better luck next time..

Zhejan 0

In Soviet Russia, audition rejects you!

legendofdon 0
OhhxGoshhxAri 0

Is this a Charlie The Unicorn Reference?? o_O

We may never know. The unsung hero of this FML is destined to remain anonymous, a small but pivotal character in the life of the OP.

andyvillarreal5 0

calm down. it's the director of the play, obviously.

Well at least you don't have to go look at the list tomorrow. She saved you some time.

Don't worry about it. The director was very rude to say that, but if you are planning on acting you are going to see a lot more of that. Don't let it get to you, just keep auditioning... and don't listen to the people posting negative comments, they just have no life. Break a leg in your future auditions!

How rude, telling her to performs after she breaks her leg...

pmk138 0

ouch. bit harsh of a way to say u didn't make it. she could have softened the blow in so many ways. just keep trying and you'll get something one day.

As sad as it sounds, you're going to have to get used to this sort of thing, no matter how good or bad you are. You're going to encounter people in any field (but sometimes ones in the entertainment business in particular) who are insensitive or even outright rude, especially if they're in positions of power. It takes more than talent to "make it" in the biz - it also takes a thick skin. So: keep practising, and suck it up. If you're trying to get anywhere, you can't afford to be a drama queen (pun intended).

valuemeal2 1

That is harsh, but if you really want to act, don't give up!