Casting call out

By Kat - 17/09/2009 02:19 - United States

Today, I was trying out for a play I really wanted to be in. After my audition, I was feeling really good. She said she would post the cast list tomorrow. Not knowing where she would post it, I asked her. Her reply? "It doesn't matter. You won't be on it anyway." FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 314
You deserved it 3 338

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't worry about it. The director was very rude to say that, but if you are planning on acting you are going to see a lot more of that. Don't let it get to you, just keep auditioning... and don't listen to the people posting negative comments, they just have no life. Break a leg in your future auditions!

Comments

In a fit of insanity, you should get your big Ford Chevy pray to god for his forgiveness and then go about running down all the lead actors. If you don't get a part as a replacement then just give up and become a musician.

It's important to know that when you feel something went really well, it might have, or it might not have. Interviews and try-outs are often like that. This person should have told you where the list was instead of being an ass about it, but the entertainment biz is full of assessesses.

I feel your pain. Being an actor myself, I always get discouraged whenever I fail an audition, or if I end up getting a shit part. But I get over it fairy easily, and the people judging me usually give me constructive criticism for next time, so I feel better. Even so, this "she" you speak of - the director I'm guessing - didn't need to be so careless about it, instead of letting you down easy. I'm not saying your life is eff'd, I'm saying you shouldn't let stuck-up perfectionists like her get you down.

That sucks, try next time better. But it was a rude way to say.

I'm glad everyone keeps giving you audition advice like you're trying to have a career as an actress. You probably just auditioned for your school play.

Most of the advice given is sound whether its a school play or their career choice. Calm down.

... Now that's what I call a bitch. She should at least have the professionalism (even if the play wasn't professional) to pretend that you had a chance at getting in for that play. At least you won't be sitting around all day feeling really hopeful? :(

And you came on here to complain about it? GET OFF THE ******* INTERNET and do something about it! If you're a shitty actor, YDI. Don't come on FML complaining about it when there are things you can do to improve your skills. Take a ******* class, or something. Practice in front of a mirror. PUT DOWN THE ******* LAPTOP and go method act. ... For everyone who posts similar comments on FMLs relating to fat people... do you see what I just did? Your comments are just as ******* useless.

RNCftw 0

hopefully you improve your acting skills or have some kind of talent in math. i dont think english or anything related to words would be suitable especially if you keep throwing down floating pronouns with no antecedent.

You had me completely fooled, I really thought you were serious. You must be a great actor! (Edit: That sounds sarcastic. But it's not supposed to be.)

kellster 2

I guess your audition was pretty bad, in that case! YDI for thinking it was good when, judging on her (bitchy) reaction to you after, it was clearly crap. 1. Get an acting coach. 2. Learn how to judge your auditions accurately. 3. Get used to it. I'm in the performing arts as well and rejection comes with the territory. Build yourself a thicker skin and just ask yourself how you can make it better for the next audition. You're selling a product; don't take rejection personally.

See, that's how it might work if this girl is a decent actor. Which she probably isn't.

Yep, her rejection had nothing to do with her acting ability, the director is just a big meany. Childish revenge is AWESOME.

moonlight_daze 8

That's what I said. And I was first!