Breeders

By Anonymous - 12/07/2015 19:39 - United Kingdom

Today, a customer at the restaurant where I work reduced me to tears by screaming at me, as I nearly knocked out his 2-year-old with the kitchen door, after he let the little boy play on the floor behind it. Apparently, it's my fault I can't see through solid wood. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 641
You deserved it 1 943

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I see nothing wrong with a human door stop. However, it should be the dad because he clearly has no mental activity.

bryce0110 23

I can't see his brain, either.

Comments

Can't please them all...but by the kitchen door is a bit off

A select number of parents these days seem to think that their children aren't just the center of their world - they're the center of everyone else's world as well. In accordance with this, you should at all times praise their wonderful child, pay attention to their wonderful child, and keep their wonderful child in mind so that things like this do not happen to their wonderful child while they aren't parenting. Just your bad luck that you ran into one of them.

Parents can be irrational when it involves their kids. When I was two I fell off a rocking chair and split my head open. My dad picked up the chair and broke it against the wall.

How in the hell is it your fault, OP? The (negligent) father allowed his spawn to play in a highly trafficked area, knowing full well that people walk in and out of that door with food. The fact that he yelled at you shows he was trying to put you on the defensive to attempt to eliminate his own guilt and stupidity. If your manager didn't back you up, I'd be pissed. Of course, I'm also a smart-ass who doesn't take shit from people, so if it had happened to me, I would have said "you're right, you allowing the boy to play there was a gross miscarriage of intelligence. If you'd like to make a report, I will call the police immediately and allow the officer to decide who is at fault".

Dad is in the wrong. You should have told him you don't have X-ray vision and his irresponsible parenting is what resulted in his kid getting hit. Don't take crap from customers.

It's the parents' responsibility to watch over their kids and keep them out of dangerous situations. By letting his child play behind a door, the dad was not doing his job. All you did was open a door. That's not your fault at all, not even close.

My parents would have never let me do that at any age. This should be a lesson for the father and not just the son. Is a two year-old even capable of understanding why they shouldn't play by closed doors that someone might come out of?

Some parents just doesn't live up to their responsibility. I hope the manager stepped in and calmed things down, and that you're alright after the incident.

Most parents today take very little responsibility for their children's behaviour but rather expect everyone around them to promote responsible actions and rear the kids for them especially in public places. They themselves have a disregard for authority and or cannot be bothered to rear their children and teach them important life skills and simple manners. If a child cannot behave or act with decency in a public place. It leaves little to be desired about the parents ability to act responsible. Unfortunately both you and the child were caught in the cross fires of their bad parenting skills. The kid for not knowing any better which wasn't really his fault and you for not knowing that being able to see through wooden doors is not a skill the average human is born with. Sadly no matter where we work in our life times, all of us at one point in our life will be abused and yelled out by inadequate and moronic stupid people. But on the bright side not all customers are that rude. Hope it didn't ruin your day too much

magickiss87 22

let me guess, If the customer was allergic to seafood and that's what she wanted to eat, you woulda been at fault for that too, huh? God I hate people.

There was an FML like that back in May where a person said a customer ordered peanut butter pancakes, and I think she threatened to sue the restaurant because she was allergic to peanuts, and apparently, she "didn't know" peanut butter pancakes contain real peanut butter, despite the fact they're clearly called "peanut butter pancakes". It makes you wonder how these people make it into the world if they're this stupid.